DT10 EELL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Good Afternoon all

So then here I am, having money to burn and want a shiny gun.  I am going to get a stock made to measure for my Mk38 trap gun, but I recently shot with my Brother and he has a beretta with DT10 Optioma Barrels and I was blown away with the kills he was getting from his Silver pigeon.  I recently shot a DT 10 (and shot rather well with it), but the sporter stock bumped me about a bit.  So I sit here now looking for a Beretta to add to my cupboard and am fancying a DT10 EELL 32".  I know I can get a stock made to measure for it for about £1000.

So then, loaded question......anybody got one and what are they like?  Are they any different to a Std DT10 (Which I like)?  I shoot Sporting Clays and the odd driven game day. I just want something shiny  :cool:

Cheers

yes I have a fixed choke 30" trap DT10eell. For the record I have had three std 10s and a DT10 x trap (plus dozens of various other beretta) so am able to compare the trap models anyway.

EELL is a totally different gun to the std10s the only thing they share is the prefix DT10. They are heavier overall but once mounted the extra weight from the sideplate is between the hands. Unlike the std10 they are very forgiving and no were near as lively in fact I find them to be one of the steadiest guns I have shot. Trigger pulls are excellent as one would expect from a 12.5k gun (rrp) and the drop out trigger unit is ... well a party piece. Quality of finish incl wood to metal fit is Imo on a par with the SO range but of course with the added advantage of durability. I would never sell mine which is perhaps as well as I have my ips initials in gold inlay on the trigger guard ?

any other info just ask ?

yes I have a fixed choke 30" trap DT10eell. For the record I have had three std 10s and a DT10 x trap (plus dozens of various other beretta) so am able to compare the trap models anyway.

EELL is a totally different gun to the std10s the only thing they share is the prefix DT10. They are heavier overall but once mounted the extra weight from the sideplate is between the hands. Unlike the std10 they are very forgiving and no were near as lively in fact I find them to be one of the steadiest guns I have shot. Trigger pulls are excellent as one would expect from a 12.5k gun (rrp) and the drop out trigger unit is ... well a party piece. Quality of finish incl wood to metal fit is Imo on a par with the SO range but of course with the added advantage of durability. I would never sell mine which is perhaps as well as I have my ips initials in gold inlay on the trigger guard ?

any other info just ask ?
Awesome IPS.  Very much appreciated.  I have had a Perazzi that was beautiful, but kicked like a mule.  I nearly had a Krieghoff, but that fell through.  The Beretta, not unlike my Mk38 appears to be well built and finished and will last a long time of shooting.  I know the triggers on the DT10 were good so that is always a key point for me on a gun.  

And it is shiny!!   :afro:

no prob

forgot to mention, recoil is virtually none existent with 28g (to me anyway) and yes its shiney and is often commented on by others to be very "pretty" ?

no prob

forgot to mention, recoil is virtually none existent with 28g (to me anyway) and yes its shiney and is often commented on by others to be very "pretty" ?
Nit picking I know but your gun will recoil just as much or as little as any other gun of the same weight using the same cartridge... lets not upset Sir I.N :)

I respectfully bring to your attention (not to me) furthermore again with respect you may not have shot as many different guns as some of us as I can assure you despite newtons law of thingymajg some guns perceivably kick the beejeesus out of you. A lot is to do with pitch, comb angle and comb width and other dark arts of stock fitting and gun manufacture, and I haven't even touched on "heading up" wood metal fit etc etc ;)

I respectfully bring to your attention (not to me) furthermore again with respect you may not have shot as many different guns as some of us as I can assure you despite newtons law of thingymajg some guns perceivably kick the beejeesus out of you. A lot is to do with pitch, comb angle and comb width and other dark arts of stock fitting and gun manufacture, and I haven't even touched on "heading up" wood metal fit etc etc ;)
True..My DT10 with the soorting stock on  beat me up like Mike Tyson on Speed. Changed stock to a Trap stock and its a  totally differ story and now soft to shoot.

Well I am not disagreeing with the fact that a well fitting gun may feel more comfortable with respect to recoil than a badly fitting gun... but don't go making any recommendations about recoil of a any gun... the man above has just made that obvious. Its the way a gun fits and the recoil pad that decides the recoil energy is dissipated. I have a silver pig III absolutely brutal recoil from it... nothing at all to do with the gun other than it does not fit me!

So in summary DT10 EELL just the same as any other gun... it can kick like EELL............ if it is a bad fit :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am not disagreeing with the fact that a well fitting gun may feel more comfortable with respect to recoil than a badly fitting gun... but don't go making any recommendations about recoil of a any gun... the man above has just made that obvious. Its the way a gun fits and the recoil pad that decides the recoil energy is dissipated. I have a silver pig III absolutely brutal recoil from it... nothing at all to do with the gun other than it does not fit me!

So in summary DT10 EELL just the same as any other gun... it can kick like EELL............ if it is a bad fit :)  
Ooh dangerous ground for me as not so experienced but messing with a stock in some way can change how you feel recoil and I'm not talking about ill fitting guns.  When I had my stock converted to an adjustable stock, it was not straight forward as my stock is very small and it took me a few goes to ignore the feel of the gun went I pulled the trigger.  It's not that it hurts I'm just more aware of it.

Sian I think that everybody has a slightly different reaction to recoil, if you know what I mean, some can almost ignore it others are very aware of it. It sounds to me like your stock may not yet be as good a fit as it could be? Or in another way the change brought about by the adjustment to the comb has made the recoil more apparent simply by the way the energy of the recoil is being transmitted through your body. I would say that just because your eye lines up down the rib of the gun is right does not mean the gun is a good fit, if you get my drift

ah but.... There are factors other than gun fit, such as poor heading or poor fit on the face of the action. These are design and quality issues not gun fit. Then there is barrell weight, backboring, forcing cones ............ So actualy yes I will make a recommendation about recoil of a specific gun :)

ah but.... There are factors other than gun fit, such as poor heading or poor fit on the face of the action. These are design and quality issues not gun fit per se.
Yes.... but read the guy above appraisal of his DT10 first up... you don't need to tell me about quality of design and manufacture... I had a tiny crumb of a digestive biscuit on the side rail of the action of my Perazzi and it would not close you could honestly hardly see it took my a while to find out what the F was wrong. We are talking about a gun recommendation...recoil is not a factor end of. Actually highlights why at times a less rigorously engineered gun can actually perform its task better than a meticulously made job.. AK47 springs to mind these thing can operate in situations where the opposition jammed up!

my good friend paul was merely confirming one aspect of my post and one reason for "felt" recoil.

Sian I think that everybody has a slightly different reaction to recoil, if you know what I mean, some can almost ignore it others are very aware of it. It sounds to me like your stock may not yet be as good a fit as it could be? Or in another way the change brought about by the adjustment to the comb has made the recoil more apparent simply by the way the energy of the recoil is being transmitted through your body. I would say that just because your eye lines up down the rib of the gun is right does not mean the gun is a good fit, if you get my drift
My gun fit there is no doubt about that, it had to have some wood taken from the inside to accommodate my adjustable stock and it has a metal rod inserted - can't get too technical because I switched off at that point in the explanation!  It is the way energy is disipated that makes it feel different hence changes make differences.

my good friend paul was merely confirming one aspect of my post and one reason for "felt" recoil.
Your good friend Paul is merely pointing what most shooters already know changes to the geometry of the stock can have a very marked effect on the recoil felt by the shooter. On the other hand if someone was asking me about the Silver pig III I would not tell them to forget it as it is a recoiling banshee, I would just tell them the facts ... its a great wee gun and the quality is what you would expect from a 2k ish gun.. only I don't think they make them any more?

I am confused on one hand you argue the fact that newtons law states all guns recoil the same and then you concur with one of my points

confused from Lancashire

I am confused on one hand you argue the fact that newtons law states all guns recoil the same and then you concur with one of my points

confused from Lancashire
Try not to get confused about recoil and "felt recoil" they are different and will vary from person to person using the guns . I did not say all guns recoil the same I said that two guns which are the same mass using the same cartridges will recoil the same amount of energy as each other regardless of manufacturer... I do assume something approaching equality of engineering... however these guns will or can display differing "felt" recoil for different shooters. Indeed the same gun can display, as you well know different "felt recoil" for different shooters purely down to how the recoil is transmitted to the shooter. My point is you have in your gun recommendation mentioned recoil and how you feel it... it is irrelevant the other person may be entirely different in stature and indeed how he perceives recoil may be totally different to you. To be clear I am not disagreeing with what you might feel when you fire your gun merely nit picking that it is irrelevant as the same could be said about any well fitting gun but more importantly if the gun does not fit someone is going to be disappointed.

I have nothing further to add. I am now totally confused as to if you agree with my initial post or not. Anyway no worries have a good weekend my friend ?

Latest posts

Back