renewal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

things seem to have changed recently regarding shotgun renewal.

am I reading the notes correctly, can I send a photocopy of current certificate? Always used to be a case of sending the actual certificate. !!

am I reading the notes correctly, can I send a photocopy of current certificate? Always used to be a case of sending the actual certificate. !!
Haven't read the recent things but I still worry they all say different things when it comes to renewal.  Can you get the notes scanned onto here - I am laughing as I suggest that xx  It would make sense wouldn't it given how long they take these days to renew.

Did mine last year. Photocopy fine. Make sure you put any driving convictions as it now says any offense. Surrey took 3 months got it two days before it ran out.

cheers

did you copy all pages ??

yep have put my one sp30 on there, thanks for the reminder though

so when do they ask for current certificate.

ps

my post office told me last week that recorded delivery does not exist anymore!!

He took license when visited, so make sure you copy one to keep. Got new one 2 days, do he did it same day. 

Recorded / registered post is still around here in civilisation. Use it all the r

time. Prob called signed for. 

I am impressed because Ips and I find it difficult to do these types of things and he has conquered it and it really depends what you are trying to impress me with as to whether I am easily impressed or not as the case may be  :p

yes. So there :p

ps

which just goes to show my overwhelming ability to impress the fairer sex without any real conscious effort :)

I renewed mine in April. SWP sent me a reminder in January, I filled it all out INCLUDING a photo copy of the existing cert and a cheque for £49. they cashed the cheque two days after receiving my application and then they sat on their arses and did NOTHING.

It was only when I started prompting them a week before my cert was due to expire that they finally did something, and even then they cocked it up.

Out of curiosity, why are you sending your existing cert away ????  I thought it was an offence not to be able to produce the cert when asked to. I still have all of my old certs and the photos show what a handsome bugger I really am

:angel: :angel:      

I renewed mine in April. SWP sent me a reminder in January, I filled it all out INCLUDING a photo copy of the existing cert and a cheque for £49. they cashed the cheque two days after receiving my application and then they sat on their arses and did NOTHING.

It was only when I started prompting them a week before my cert was due to expire that they finally did something, and even then they cocked it up.

Out of curiosity, why are you sending your existing cert away ????  I thought it was an offence not to be able to produce the cert when asked to. I still have all of my old certs and the photos show what a handsome bugger I really am

:angel: :angel:      
When Tony renewed his,  Met Police, he had to give his original licence - they also messed up - took them I think three months or so and when it arrived they had marked one of his existing guns down wrong so sent it back and it was re-done in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back