Cleaning Maintenance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColinJ

Hi. Anyone advise me when cleaning the gun I use Leiga browning cleaner,do you lightly squirt some down the bores,or do you use a bore cleaner or a dry lube,seems in my club this can be a sensitive topic,anyone use the Napier formula X gun oil

Always give a little spray of Leiga down the bores after cleaning, then store barrels down in the cabinet on a cloth

I use full length barell mop and never spray anything down barrells have done this with coutless guns for twenty years and never had a problem

I spray Ligier inside the tubes after having scrubbed the poor innocent dirt using a 10 bore wire brush, roll up tissue into a tight fitting ball and push through to clear muck and oil. To get the tissues to come out clean you might need to do this a couple more times but I personally wouldn't spray anything into the tubes with the intention of leaving it there because a bore that rusts despite the light coating left behind with my method deserves to die anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back