B725 Trade In Price

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulkan18th

Hi,

I've been looking at trading in my Browning B725 Sporter at my local gun shop where I bought it from. there's nothing wrong with the gun itself it's just that I've been advised that a 30" barrel is too short for myself, I'm 6' 3" fairly well built. Not sure how true this person advice is?

Just a quick query as to how much I'd expect to get back on the gun with it being 2nd hand (Shot about 2000 Cartridges if it matters), good bit of wood on it and cost £1750 originally. I've spoken to the gun shop owner who said he'd give me a good price on it but not entirely sure what a good price would be when trading in for another new gun. Any advice would be appreciated.

I would be guided more by how YOU shoot with it and what YOU think of the gun's performance and NOT what someone thinks you need !  I know that I take a size 8 shoe, I would not be tempted to buy size 10's because someone else thinks they will suit me better !   :frown:

Agree with Jonny but final offer will probably also depend on the gun that you are replacing it with. If you went for a new G5 725 at £3500, then you might get a bit closer to £1500 on your trade in. Westley is also right in that you shouldn't change unless you can't shoot consistently with the 30". I would persevere with your existing gun.???

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness in it shooting badly at all wth it. Works completely fine when I point it in the right place. 

Think I will knock trading it in on the head. Cheers for the advice!

Are you happy with your length of pull?, now I am only a novice so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I was doing ok ish with my silver pigeon and AYA2 game gun, decided to have a gun fit session and found I ideally needed a 15 1/2" inch LOP due to my build and orangutan arms!!, I got a longer recoil pad for the SP and a walnut insert for the AYA and my "hits"  have  improved significantly. Maybe you should look at this before chopping in?

mike

Might be worth seeing a gunsmith and making sure the gun fits you properly before you get rid of it , 725 is a very good gun and like you  said put in the right and it breaks them 

I have a 425 cost £800 and its still better than me ,how much better would i be with a 10k gun , doubt i would notice any difference apart from admiring glances from other shooters  

In fairness in it shooting badly at all wth it. Works completely fine when I point it in the right place.

Think I will knock trading it in on the head. Cheers for the advice!
That is probably a wise decision. Shoot the gun for a while and then have the fit checked by a good stock fitter and then KEEP it.

wow. Every post above is really sound advice. There is no rule of thumb as to what length of barrell suits a particular build its all subjective. Whoever told you that you need a 32 because of your build is an armchair expert.

I shoot week in week out with my shooting buddies.  I am 6ft 2 and largely built. I shoot a Browning 725 32" sporter. My buddy (Bebo's husband) is 6ft3 or 4, and a big bloke too. He shoots a Browning 725 30" sporter.

He kicks my arse every weekend because he's a better, more consistent shot than me. Our chosen guns have nothing to do with it. If it was a 26" Baikel he wouldn't care.

He kicks my arse every weekend because he's a better, more consistent shot than me. Our chosen guns have nothing to do with it. If it was a 26" Baikel he wouldn't care.
He chose the 30" because he would have had to take the chokes out of a 32" to fit it in the cabinet!  Doesn't seem to make a blind bit difference to how he shoots.

If I recall correctly he kicked your arse with your own 32" Caesar Romero with the zimmer frame on top.

As soon as Driven shooting as priced itself beyond the pockets of the working man, we will find Walked up will become very popular , then the trend will be towards 28" & 26" barrels , then someone will advise that maybe 30" is ideal , so hang on in there with your current 725.

Armchair experts may be good at knowing about the price of Pringles, but that is about all. :smile:

As soon as Driven shooting as priced itself beyond the pockets of the working man, we will find Walked up will become very popular , then the trend will be towards 28" & 26" barrels , then someone will advise that maybe 30" is ideal , so hang on in there with your current 725.

Armchair experts may be good at knowing about the price of Pringles, but that is about all. :smile:
ER ..........................around 1/6d a packet, I believe.

Sound advice from everyone involved. Glad I joined these forums. Sticking to my trusty weapon, hasn't done me wrong.

Cheers all.

He chose the 30" because he would have had to take the chokes out of a 32" to fit it in the cabinet!  Doesn't seem to make a blind bit difference to how he shoots.

If I recall correctly he kicked your arse with your own 32" Caesar Romero with the zimmer frame on top.
I'm never going to be able to think of them as Caesar Guerini's any more! :)

romero.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back