Hello From New York !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claybird2

Howdy Friends !.......Thanks for accepting me to your forum. Much good info here from across "the pond. Hope to be a well contributing member to Shoot Clay.....looks like a great site. Thanks Again & Regards, Frank

You are most welcome Frank. Few of us have ventured over to Trapshooters.com recently. Some of the threads are a revelation, such as which golf cart to buy (gas or electric) for transport at major shoots  :unsure:  but good fun non-the-less.

Alas SC doesn't have 50k members....yet!

are you a trap shooter or a sporting man?

DT

welcome frank, I look forward to your input.

Sorry friends.......was having a bit of a "password" issue here. Hopefully resolved. Thanks for the welcome all. 

Dog Tyred.......Indeed some threads will put a smile on your face at TS.com. Todays hot topic seems to be cheaply made toilet seats:

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/breaking-toilet-seats-like-match-sticks-lately.270745/

I don't seem to understand why people would choose to waste their time on such nonsense, when clearly their input would be much more validated comparing 7 1/2 shot vs.8s...........or justifying why 1/2 choke is superior to 3/4 choke........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy American Trap & sporting, dabble in skeet, & currently own just about every gun made under the sun. My 2 favorites however, are an MX2000 unsingle for trap, and a newly acquired (albeit second hand)..........DT11 for sporting. What magnificent balance on this gun ! The newly designed barrels also allow for great patterns and VERY LOW perceived recoil.

How about yourself DT ? Sporting? Gun ?

Have a good day mates !

Hello and welcome Frank - I am sure you will have fun and enjoy shooting in the UK.....Good luck ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Foxy. What seems to be the gun of choice for my sporting buds across the pond ? I know there are many options.......but which do you believe is most popular ?

Sorry friends.......was having a bit of a "password" issue here. Hopefully resolved. Thanks for the welcome all. 

Dog Tyred.......Indeed some threads will put a smile on your face at TS.com. Todays hot topic seems to be cheaply made toilet seats:

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/breaking-toilet-seats-like-match-sticks-lately.270745/

I don't seem to understand why people would choose to waste their time on such nonsense, when clearly their input would be much more validated comparing 7 1/2 shot vs.8s...........or justifying why 1/2 choke is superior to 3/4 choke........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy American Trap & sporting, dabble in skeet, & currently own just about every gun made under the sun. My 2 favorites however, are an MX2000 unsingle for trap, and a newly acquired (albeit second hand)..........DT11 for sporting. What magnificent balance on this gun ! The newly designed barrels also allow for great patterns and VERY LOW perceived recoil.

How about yourself DT ? Sporting? Gun ?

Have a good day mates !
Not caught up with the toilet seat thread. I only look at the shooting related threads as I'd be on there all day if I looked at everything :)

As for me I only shoot the fast trap disciplines (OT- bunker to you, Universal Trap and ABT - wobble trap to you). Gun is an MX8 O/U.

DT

Hi Frank welcome to the forum :hi:  and enjoy your visits look forward to having your input from your side of the pond  :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard - enjoy the forum!

Hi Frank welcome to the forum :hi:  and enjoy your visits look forward to having your input from your side of the pond  :thumbsup:
Oh brother......not quite sure how to respond to each individual post, but thank you all for your responses. I'll get the hang of things here, hopefully by the turn of the century....
Thanks Foxy. What seems to be the gun of choice for my sporting buds across the pond ? I know there are many options.......but which do you believe is most popular ?

Mmmmmm......That is the million dollar question..... I believe that the other guys on here have a more in depth knowledge on this subject than myself.

Beretta and Miroku seem to be the gun of choice where I shoot (Hamster may have more idea). Personally.....I love my Caesar Guerini Summit Impact Sporting Black (may be selling it soon) and only shot once so far with my new CG  Syren. Apologies, for my rather brief answer.

Latest posts

Back