What would you do ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Rowley

Hypertherthetical  question

If you were reffing a major competion and you watched the shooter load the gun, with two blue cartridges call for the target, miss them both, then eject the shells, into his hand and then put the spent cases  in his pocket, instead of the bin, and then selected another pocket and produced two red cartridge that he did eject after the next pair ( which he did hit) that were clearly identifiable in the bin as a 28gm 7.5 what would be your immediate thought ?

the cartridge didn't cause any suspicion by the bang it made , 

after 48 targets he had only hit 12, would you bother asking to see the spent cartridge in his pocket or not, 

just wondered what everyone thought, 

thanks

Could have been using 21g 9's (which I do but wouldnt have brought them out for the English at Hodnet) and he/she felt so ashamed that they pocketed them and used something more appropriate .

rules is rules and if its a refs job to ask to see suspicious loads then I would say yes ask regardless of how well or not he is shooting.

Think we have been here before. Rules is rules.Doesn't matter how well or not he is shooting. So what happens when he goes to next shoot with the bombs in his pocket and wins unchallenged?? On the other hand maybe he's a home loader and wanted the spent hulls for this. :wink:

Politely ask to see the cartridges cases in his pocket, if this confirmed your suspicion that they were using an unfair advantage radio for immediate assistance.

I once had a competitor disqualified from The British at Shugborough for using homeloads. 32gram easily fits into 28gram used cases .

Homeloads are not allowed in UK competitions, but legal in the USA.

Think we have been here before. Rules is rules.Doesn't matter how well or not he is shooting. So what happens when he goes to next shoot with the bombs in his pocket and wins unchallenged?? On the other hand maybe he's a home loader and wanted the spent hulls for this. :wink:
Jasper you win the prize, he wanted the shells for home loading for pigeon shooting, my thought was,  it was a home load, I asked him if why he didn't keep any of the others he binned?, answer was .. Those cases are crap, at which point he scurried off 

I thought it didn't matter what you used so long as you put it in the right place.  :baby: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back