Scottish Sporting at Seal's Cove, near Aberdeen

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrBeau

A bit of an unashamed plug for the shooting ground at Seal's Cove, just South of Aberdeen. There's a great shop on site (the long-established Anderson's Guns has recently relocated from the city to a dedicated shop on site), a well-equipped and welcoming lodge for events, and some of the most amazing clays you will ever shoot on a sporting round. I've posted some pictures to give a sense of some of the stands (and the precipitous staircase that leads to one of them: I'm terrified of heights, but there was no way I was skipping the chance to shoot clays blasting out from the cliffs above!), but to do it justice, you have to see it for yourself. The Compak is very good indeed, and there's a bit of everything sporting-wise.

My in-laws live in the 'Deen, and along with the wonderful Auchterhouse (the grouse butt there is simply out of this world) it's now an absolute must-shoot whenever we visit.

cove4.jpg

cove1.jpg

cove3.jpg

cove2.jpg

Are there good clubs on Jersey? I've got friends over there, and would be good to know next time we visit!

Back