ShotKam footage

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Some pretty impressive ShotKam footage - seems these cameras are getting a bit better, I note that George Digweed is using one in his latest Club Digweed video to shoot a quick target below the feet.

Just having a little trouble posting the video... hold tight. Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if there is still a Uk agent for these. There was a shotkam Uk web site but appears to have disappeared.

I would love one, but the cost!
I know what you mean. Especially when a GoPro is half the cost!!

Great if you are going to use for one repeatedly for coaching, etc but as in individual you would only need one for a short while then it sits there gathering dust.

Now if you could hire one for a month I'd be interested

DT

Branches not sticks. Didn't work too good for me on Sunday.

heavy to at nearly 5.5ozs must affect balance.
I spoke to George about this on Sunday at Southdown, he said it was surprisingly easy to shoot and film with - the weight sits fairly close to the front hand. Yes, there is some impact in weight - but the nearer to the centre of the gun - the better. 

If I was to buy a couple of these for ShootClay members - what would be a good rental price? 

I spoke to George about this on Sunday at Southdown, he said it was surprisingly easy to shoot and film with - the weight sits fairly close to the front hand. Yes, there is some impact in weight - but the nearer to the centre of the gun - the better.

If I was to buy a couple of these for ShootClay members - what would be a good rental price?
AND, would it include the bearskin rug ?

That's really good, thanks for posting. 

Strange thing is, when I shoot similar targets and see a similar picture......how come I miss?

I reckon £25 for a weekend with a deposit of the full cost! 

Anyone know if there is still a Uk agent for these. There was a shotkam Uk web site but appears to have disappeared.
I think you would have to buy from the USA!

That's correct, I have been talking to them this evening. Interesting product, more feature rich than I had thought.

I've done quite a bit of internet research on the shotkam and I'm impressed, there was a thread not so long ago, loads of naysayers but hey, I still think it looks a handy bit of kit. 

I used the old version a few times and the weight on the gun wasn't any major issue.

Got some great footage and really helped straighted out your method!

The new ones have WiFi aswell I believe.

I'd like to try one from time to time!

I'd certainly consider renting for a while

That's really good, thanks for posting. 

Strange thing is, when I shoot similar targets and see a similar picture......how come I miss?
Are you stopping the gun? is your gun still accelerating?

sight picture at point of pulling the trigger is a very individual thing, as the actions and reactions of every shooter are different during the actual trigger pull and discharge.

not sure how to insert a video link, but I think this will take you to the video of my son, different to the shotkam, but to me it has a lot more information available to you, and is more stable through the actual "critical" moment of the shot as it is not affected by the recoil.

As I sid, he has only been shooting for 6 weeks, so go easy on him. :thumbsup:

http://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/M0KsLGTL?e=5262143

FYI the streamed video is a bit jittery and lower quality than you get on your actual device when used on your device, I can assure you that it is smooth as silk when you play it back on your device and clear as a bell (assuming your devices camera and video is of good quality normally)

the 240 frames a second is awesome, you can literally watch the shot coming out the end of the barrel and start to spread then travel to the target.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure how to insert a video link, but I think this will take you to the video of my son, different to the shotkam, but to me it has a lot more information available to you, and is more stable through the actual "critical" moment of the shot as it is not affected by the recoil.

As I sid, he has only been shooting for 6 weeks, so go easy on him. :thumbsup:

http://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/M0KsLGTL?e=5262143

FYI the streamed video is a bit jittery and lower quality than you get on your actual device when used on your device, I can assure you that it is smooth as silk when you play it back on your device and clear as a bell (assuming your devices camera and video is of good quality normally)

the 240 frames a second is awesome, you can literally watch the shot coming out the end of the barrel and start to spread then travel to the target.
At least for me the link plays at normal speed - says you need to download the app to view in slow mo. Most of these tablets and phones just use software to slow the video down to get the slow mo affect.

The point of the shotkam is seeing exsctly where the gun is in relation to the clay so shows you amount of lead, angle of lead and method used e.g. Pull away, pull through or maintained lead.

Ben Husthwaite uses an eyecam in his method star dvd. The wife has ordered a copy for my birthday next week so look forward to watching it after seeing the trailer. To quote Dynamo "seeing is believing".

Latest posts

Back