Muller U4 usage

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its very handy for making tiny pizza bases.

Can also be filled with soil and used to grow cress.

Quite handy in the top barrel for OT too :)

A couple of U1's got me my first straights at ESK today, i won't hear anything said against them ;)

Never found a target that needed one yet. 

Hull Sov 6.5 through a U2 will break any clay I've seen presented.

I use U3's top and bottom barrel in my Mirook, kills at distance are pretty impressive, tried the U1's for some very close stuff - jury still out for me with those.

Don't use Mullers now as I've changed my gun but I did use them for a couple of years in a Berettta. 

Now I only ever shoot sporting, but I very rarely needed anything tighter than a U2.....often using either U1 and U2 or a pair of U2's. 

Have you checked out the Muller section on the American forum 'shotgun world'.....you may find some info there. 

Use 2/3 mullers in Mirook and Fblacks great patterns and kills when it hit them both chokes out and piston wads for real close stuff.

Much appreciated all and I'm willing to admit It's probably my own fault for not being specific enough with the topic title ;) !  

I just want to know about people experience if any of using a U4 for stuff like OT?

Not much info it seems! so does anyone have a Optima HP U4 which they would like to exchange for some legal tender with the queens profile on?  I know I could buy one from NT but for what is effectively an experiment at this point it doesn't justify the cost! So if you do just PM me.

many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use 2/3 mullers in Mirook and Fblacks great patterns and kills when it hit them both chokes out and piston wads for real close stuff.
I use U2 & U3 chokes in my Benelli 828U, and alternate between FBlacks and Blue Diamonds. The patterning is superb. Am planning on upgrading my 725 to the same set up when money allows. No idea what I'd use a U4 for, to be honest!

Last edited by a moderator:
why cant Mr muller call it what it is quarter, half, full etc. Instead of a stupid meaningless letter and number. Fancy marketing ploy. ?

ruddy annoys me. Rant over.

Numbers are easier Ian and a slightly more modern take on it, a lot of chokes are numbered, either with a digit or a notch. I use U3's in both barrels for 99% of everything I shoot at, very good tight patterns, I would use U4's for skeet or a Steve Lovatt Compak....

I must be an old fashioned git matt as it means begger all to me :)

I think it goes roughly 

U0 skeet shooters

U1 myself

U2 most shooters

U3 good shooters

U4 shooters who think they are better than they are.

Latest posts

Back