Hamilton Slipstand/GDK slip pro stand

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

So, I am getting a bit fed up of having my gun slip lying in the dirt when waiting at stands, and the Hamilton slipstand, and now GDK's version seem to make some sense.

Hamilton-SlipStand-Deluxe-L_zpsitlfexuk.jpg

GDK_zpsxg7h1fdh.jpg

However, I have a couple of issues:

1. How heavy are these things? They look hefty!

2. Are they really very stable, or actually quite rickety in use?

3. Have they been around long enough to stop people taking the P, because it looks like you've got a golf caddy with you!

Any owners out there that could clarify any/all of the above?

They've been around for years now and yet you see very few in use. I e-mailed them way back asking whether they had plans to market a wheeled version which would be useful and popular, they said their R&D department will look into it.  :rolleyes:

The world of accessories is littered with pointless items and I fear this is just another one. I hate to sound so harsh (don't really) but the solution has been staring them in the face for years, without wheels this thing is just added weight. 

So they are heavy then?!

Someone had told me they weren't really any heavier than a normal leather slip, but then that would in turn mean that they wouldn't be stable....swings & roundabouts...

So they are heavy then?!

Someone had told me they weren't really any heavier than a normal leather slip, but then that would in turn mean that they wouldn't be stable....swings & roundabouts...
They're actually rather light and well made too which is all the more of a shame they insist on missing the trick  :huh: . The real point is that the legs seem to lack stability in the wind and the ability to prop them up is just not enough of a benefit over a regular bag (which remember many do not use out of habit). 

To make those with bags want to change over and to convert those who don't use bags  :ph34r:  you need a hook  :cool: , trust me it's basic marketing. The hook in this case is wheels and I very kindly even gave the recipe out free of charge to anyone who wants to know : ideally these wheels need to be foldable and they must be centralish so the weight of the whole ensemble falls on the axel and not the hand pulling it. In place of the handle (which is also central) you need a basted big pouch with easy to grab front access for shells. They could charge double what they sell for now and they'll be a regular feature on grounds, trust me.  :lol:  Hope my head doesn't go and explode. 

They're actually rather light and well made too which is all the more of a shame they insist on missing the trick  :huh: . The real point is that the legs seem to lack stability in the wind and the ability to prop them up is just not enough of a benefit over a regular bag (which remember many do not use out of habit). 

To make those with bags want to change over and to convert those who don't use bags  :ph34r:  you need a hook  :cool: , trust me it's basic marketing. The hook in this case is wheels and I very kindly even gave the recipe out free of charge to anyone who wants to know : ideally these wheels need to be foldable and they must be centralish so the weight of the whole ensemble falls on the axel and not the hand pulling it. In place of the handle (which is also central) you need a basted big pouch with easy to grab front access for shells. They could charge double what they sell for now and they'll be a regular feature on grounds, trust me.  :lol:  Hope my head doesn't go and explode. 

I suppose another option would be for a little hook underneath near the top which you hand your cartridge bag from, that way it acts as a ballast.

I think I need to see/feel one in the flesh to get a better idea.

Not sure I like the ideas of wheels actually, that really would be like pushing a golf caddy around the place.Haha.

Mine was made by a company called gun slip stand, he was based in Wolverhampton, done a search, don't think he's making them anymore :frown:

Andypandy , he sure is,

Selwyn Pedley is the name, you can buy them through Sporting Supplies Bloxwich, mention my name to either and the price will go up. :lol: :lol:

I bought a leather one and I have now reverted back to my old one. Just didn't get on with it. Found it quite big and clumsy, legs weren't great and if you took your gun out the wind would blow it over. £100 down the drain. You live and you learn. 

Buy a cheap golf caddy for £40 and slap your gear on it. 
I have done this in the past but we really could do with a dedicated design and the Hamilton isn't far off the mark because at least they're light and the stitching looks like it'd hold. The trouble I found with golf bags is that they're too bulky/heavy and the things are simply not designed to hold guns or shells plus the wheel mechs which are a separate entity tend to be too big, the tracks too wide and not easily foldable into a small package to fit in an average hatchback. 

Years ago I bought a second hand purpose made Gun Caddy which was basically a golf holdall with wheels at the bottom and a clever if fragile prop up leg assembly which allowed it to stand unaided. It was very good in many ways but due to the wheels being at one extreme, the weight fell onto your pulling hand which defeated the whole object of a gadget to aid easy carriage of gun. Its second main flaw was that it only lasted a couple of years.

Then the question is - A dedicated all in one OR a frame that fits/holds a variety of slips/bags/kit etc OR BOTH.

Its not that hard to design something suitable.

hideous and pointless Imo sturdy padded slip (like my Beretta one) prop against tree or chuck it on floor job done.

too golfy for me and the only thing I hate more than golf is chavball

Something as big as that should at least have a seat that you can use while waiting for 30 minutes on a stand!

Something as big as that should at least have a seat that you can use while waiting for 30 minutes on a stand!
Seat built in to the prop legs isn't too far fetched  :cool:  or maybe a small folding type that could be purchased separately with a built in clip to hold it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the finest bits of kit that I have ever seen, you can have hours of fun watching people trip over it, best invention since the semi auto !  :D

Back