Express Power Gold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKGibbs

Has anyone tried the new Express Power Gold yet?

They were only released last week but saw a few people using them at EJC Premier League shoot today.

Classy looking cases and the people using them seemed to like them.

Only saw them being used in 28g 7.5's Plastic Wads

I was given a box of fibres to try out by my RFD.  Not shot them yet, but he said they would be £180-ish/1000

I'm not good enough shot for any cartridge to make a noticeable impact :)   I usually shoot Gamebore Velocity - they are smooth, and I'm used to them. The Express Golds have high-ish "brass" (it is silver) - I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

yep high silver is very nice and puts 20 quid minimum per k on the price but sadly makes sod all difference ?

They certainly look the business!

I'll get a couple of thousand to try I think for practice 

We put the Power Gold through its paces today at Doveridge. Absolutely superb, hit hard, kills are explosive and all with a smooth recoil. 

At the risk of going down a road we have been down before, if the diameter is 2.44 does that not mean they are 7s not 71/2s?

At the risk of going down a road we have been down before, if the diameter is 2.44 does that not mean they are 7s not 71/2s?

Yep! 2.4 is a UK 7. 
To be fair though the OP appears to only have checked one shot, you get a better average if you line 10 or more in a groove and measure the distance they cover and divide for an average.

We put the Power Gold through its paces today at Doveridge. Absolutely superb, hit hard, kills are explosive and all with a smooth recoil. 
I've got a thousand ordered to try. Should be here Thursday.

I saw a lot being used at the Essex Masters and they were producing very good kills at range I have to admit.

I've got a thousand ordered to try. Should be here Thursday.

I saw a lot being used at the Essex Masters and they were producing very good kills at range I have to admit.
How much were they for 1000? 

I'm not sure how much they are to be honest. I believe they are about £180 - £190 ish depending on plastic or fibre wad. 

Power Gold, Power Blue...............they all sound like some sort of toilet cleaner!  :lol:

I tried these last weekend.  Didn't notice any difference, but then again, i'm not good enough of a shot for it to make any difference.  I did notice they were a bit more thumpy than the 28g Gamebore Velocities I usually shoot (the old ones - red cases).

Back