WLSS Sportasc - 18/19 March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Just home from my first outing of the season, the Sportasc 120 at West London Shooting School - hosted by the Clay Shooting Company.

For those that don't know the format - its 120 birds over three layouts, 4 pegs each layout with 4 traps on each peg. You shoot 4 singles, 2 O/R doubles and Sim Pair - which is always A/B, and never shown. You can shoot gun down or up. The person that starts the singles starts the doubles - and you drop down one each peg.  Simple. 

Great squad for me - with GavB, Gnasher and a few others - we started on the Gun Room layout, which felt steady. I started poorly, possibly my first outing for 2 months, a bit rusty.  Went 6, 9, 9, 7 for 31 - missing two singles and never touching the looper on the first peg and then only the last bird out on the next two pegs (one of the sim pair) as I progressed, and then my last three birds! 

Short break - then onto the High Tower layout - in the far corner of the ground...  some decent high tower birds and couple of trademark Lovatt boomers!  I went for 7, 9, 8 7 for another 31.  Last bird out in the sim pair cost me on Peg 2 again!

Final layout after lunchtime - the Promatic layout - which I thought had a very hard peg 1, with a high crosser off a tower and peg 4 which had some big crossers from the high tower. I finished -  5, 9, 10, 5 for 29.  A little bit disappointing, but I was bouncing from my first straight peg at Sportasc... which has eluded me for the two events I've shot previously.  I finished on 91/120, quite happy for a first shoot of the season

Overall - a great fun shoot - lots of smiles around the place, when I left Adam Cork was on 113 - but still a lot to play for with some decent shooters still to come later today and tomorrow. 

Great to see so many ShootClay members - really good turnout, and a super fun day with my squad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt I'm really chuffed you enjoyed it and I could see the delight in you shooting that 10 x10 which was no means an easy peg 

three people are joint leading tonight on 111 , some great shooting on display in all classes and as you say lots of smiles and laughter , it's what it's all about , see you soon 

steve

Latest posts

Back