Browning 725 palm swell

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1985

morning all,

I know that the 725 game variants don't usually come with a palm swell, but out of interest, do all of the other models come with them?

cant seem to find a definitive answer...

The two sporter models, S1 and S3 black, both have palm swell. Hunter models do not.

My grade 5 sporter has one, I've had mine for 2 months now after having a 525 without one. Picked up my dad's 525 the other day and it felt very strange with it not having one now, felt very slim in the grip. In all the reviews in magazines the palm swell is questioned and not to everyone's taste, but I've found it feels very natural after a while, and there are quite a few people on here like them. The palm swell is something you might not like straight away necessarily but it soon grows on you.

I've gotten so used to the (leftie) palm swell on my 725 that I'm finding that I need to grip other guns without palm swell a bit too hard to compensate for it. I was told when I bought it that I'd either love it or hate it, and fortunately I'm the former. I've definitely shot a hunter version that doesn't have the swell, though; they must be available.

Latest posts

Back