Churchill Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Three of us shot this yesterday all ending up on 81  :blink:  which looking at some of the names first attempts doesn't appear to be too bad, really enjoyable if a bit on the quickie over and done with side. If anyone is considering this then I'd recommend booking in two goes especially if travelling a long way. 

It's a clever format, most good shots would hit the singles and on reports on a good day, the trouble comes with the simmo's and the 20 bird sequence which includes that long slow bird which I'm certain I massively over led and only hit once, the edge on away rabbit is also a bugger and believe me you don't miss it because of shot size as at that range a coke can would disappear into oblivion with a Skeet load. 

I also missed all five of loopers on the last stand  :mellow:  which looked close but eventually found out needed visible and precise lead, coulda, shouda, woulda, would love to shoot it again. One small gripe with otherwise such a magnificent ground, you cannae seriously not have catering facilities mid week.

I've shot it a couple of times and it's that sequence that has done me and that long bird is a toughie as it gets affected by any sort of wind there.  Any wind behind it and it motors, and wind against it slows it up a lot. 

I think they've changed the angle of that looper to, when I first shot it, the looper was quartering away then the next time I'm positive that it was crosser? 

Hamster, how many different birds does the 20 bird sequense have? How much time is there betwen the birds in the sequense?

I'm going to do the challenge next week friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamster, how many different birds does the 20 bird sequense have? How much time is there betwen the birds in the sequense?

I'm going to do the challenge next week friday.
A/B/C/D/E so 5 in total, all need respect and the time between pairs is the same as you would get when shooting normal ESP. There's an easy to follow menu in front but of course the trick is to remember which bird is which and select the correct bird in simmo's, hence why people tend to improve their scores as they go. I missed the last simmo pair twice yesterday on different stands, :oops: all five Chondelles on the last stand, 2 rabbits and all but one of the long bird on the sequence. 

The nice thing is that if you are able to pinpoint and fix your weaknesses then a good score is there begging. 

A/B/C/D/E so 5 in total, all need respect and the time between pairs is the same as you would get when shooting normal ESP. There's an easy to follow menu in front but of course the trick is to remember which bird is which and select the correct bird in simmo's, hence why people tend to improve their scores as they go. I missed the last simmo pair twice yesterday on different stands, :oops: all five Chondelles on the last stand, 2 rabbits and all but one of the long bird on the sequence. 

The nice thing is that if you are able to pinpoint and fix your weaknesses then a good score is there begging. 
Ok, so you don't have to speedload your gun, just call pull for every pair. With 5  different birds you can get a lot of different pairs...interesting.

Shot this with a load of guys over from France after a mornings coaching. Great round, freezing cold in that wind but enjoyed it.

missed a lot of rubbish toward the end, I think more through being cold but enjoyed none the less.

Latest posts

Back