gun up, gun down

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

is sporting"generally" shot gun up gun down or does it depend on target.

my apologies if this is a stupid question

Gun up one less thing to go wrong , cant miss mount if the gun is already in the shoulder , just my take on it 

Or a compromise, gun up in the shoulder but lift your head up off the stock and then tuck it back onto the stock to move and shoot. This can work well on certain targets.

my mount is good,, my missus said so,,,,,

er, thats gun `up`        :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than lifting your head I prefer to pre mount and then drop the gun on a parallel by a couple of inches. If its a slow in coming target I'll keep the gun down until its in the area I want to shoot it, it makes it more of an instinctive shot for me.   

Or a compromise, gun up in the shoulder but lift your head up off the stock and then tuck it back onto the stock to move and shoot. This can work well on certain targets.
I do this on everything. I might be closer to the stock on the fast teals and aways. To me it makes a lot of sense as it eliminates a bad mount, but gives great vision of the target. The trick is not to slam your face suddenly on to the stock before firing, as you give yourself a sudden different view. Smooth. As with all movement in shooting really.

ruddy ell this sporting is complicated stuff

Latest posts

Back