new gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

WP_20160212_15_48_04_Pro.jpgThe search is over after much research and deliberation I decided a ou game gun or sporter would be best option. Looked at many but could not find any sporter with fixed choke. Landed on a Beretta 687eell diamond pigeon fixed 1/4 1/2 - 28" barrells that my local tame smith had in. It is one of a pair (not numbered) that he split, this one was a sleeper and if it has been shot you can not tell as it is pristine, anyone who knows me will concur that I am very very picky about condition of stuff especially guns so when I say pristine I mean as new out the box. Its circa 2001 and confirms my suspicion that Beretta quality has fallen in recent years as the build quality is better than my DT10eell which at 12.5k list was twice the price of the 687. So were good to go at this sporting malarkey.

Plenty of shoots on tomorrow :wink:
sposed to be meeting Mr grumpy I mean balltrap at local ground tomorrow he said he would pay ?

Ps

if Mr Williams ever works out how to post he will confirm my attitude towards gun condition ?

I recently sold a pair that looked identical to that one to Bamfords for £1800 for the pair. Mind you they were shot out and I tarted them up to get rid.

Good choice! Was talking to the boxall edminson guy yesterday and be said that ou outsells sxs 8 to 1...mind you a couple if my Partridge days this year specifically state 'game guns only, no over under or single barrels please' so I don't think that sxs will disappear quite yet...

Lovely gun Ian, 2 triggers will certainly NOT be a problem.

Auto safe ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice! Was talking to the boxall edminson guy yesterday and be said that ou outsells sxs 8 to 1...mind you a couple if my Partridge days this year specifically state 'game guns only, no over under or single barrels please' so I don't think that sxs will disappear quite yet...
still fancy a sxs though ?

Lovely gun Ian, 2 triggers will certainly NOT be a problem.

Auto safe ?
yes auto so I expect lots of "no birds

Ian,

As you seem to be struggling with EVERYTHING Sporting or Game !

An auto safe is not a steel box to put your gun in between drives  or an ATM that follows you around??????????? :D

Good, at least we now know what £350 for a cheapo will buy.  :D :cool:
ha yes indeed. The lady in the shop commented as I handed my 3.5k over "is this the cheap side by side you were looking at"

Latest posts

Back