Pooh meets Fan Big Style.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley

Take a peek at the BICTSF site and British shooting's site, re selection procedures then sit back in the trenches and take cover......

Looks like we will be shooting at who knows what, at god knows where and for what......

Once again British clayshooting is being shafted by people who A. Have no experience of International competitive shooting. B. Therefore little ability. C.Some having a history of ineptitude.D. An inability to listen.

In any sport talent will always rise to the top, except in Clayshooting , where it will be suppressed unless an individual has unlimited money to plough on through the red tape. Sadly many youngsters and importantly their Parents give up the unequal struggle.

04c93012-8692-4b44-96ea-ec4549c9d178.png

‘Notice of Postponement ‘
[SIZE=14pt]The BICTSF AGM has been postponed from the 16th Feb. and will now take place on Tuesday 1st March 2016.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The time (2.00pm) and venue remain the same:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Boat Inn[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Bridge Road[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Stoke Bruerne[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Nr Towcester[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Northants[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]NN12 7SB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Due to recent problems with British Shooting and our status as the National Governing Body (NGB) for selection criteria, we need to obtain legal opinion as to where we stand and therefore report the findings to the board and its members (the shooters).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Look forward to seeing you on the 1st March 2016[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Steve Dawkes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]De facto Chairman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]BICTSF[/SIZE]

Another farcical situation! Do we really know who actually runs things these days? Too many organisations involved in clay shooting now!

Les,

I think that is the real issue, no one appears to be running our sport very efficiently. 

Most people on the Boards appear to have little job experience , and only in it to create an enhanced CV based on Bull excrement.

Les,

I think that is the real issue, no one appears to be running our sport very efficiently. 

Most people on the Boards appear to have little job experience , and only in it to create an enhanced CV based on Bull excrement.
Pete, we simply have far too many organisations involved in shooting, exactly how this came about I can no longer remember, god only knows how it can ever be sorted out.

It really all revolves around money and the CPSA seem to be one of few organisations that have money, and the other organisations seem to hold the purse strings and the reins.

Have Clayshooters never heard the saying 'A new broom sweeps clean'.

But of course I keep forgetting !

" We only want to go shooting."

Perhaps we should get Lesley Goddard and Abbey Ling to guide our organisations.

As I understand it the crux of all this is who selects the team. BS seem to be quite happy with BICTSF organizing and running the selection shoots but want to take ownership of the team selection.

BS want to introduce a 'squad' system whereby anyone out of half a dozen 'squad' members can be selected for any individual event to ensure that everyone gets a crack at a major overseas event. The selection criteria for the 'squad' are many and varied (such Minimum Consideration Scores along with loads of other immeasurable criteria) and no longer simply rely on selection shoot top 3 position (or top 2 plus a wild card) system run by BICTSF.

If BICTSF decide to 'take their ball home' what happens to the selection shoots then?

DT

Didnt understand a word of it from either side  :???:

Ungoverning bodies, dont ya just love em ;)

:santa:

So a little yellow bear becomes aquainted  with an admirer?

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be a nightmare for those who shoot at top level. Too many empires, too many builders, it surely cannot do the sport any good. So I wonder how much of cpsa members money goes towards all this stuff and were the members consulted about it?

As I understand it the crux of all this is who selects the team. BS seem to be quite happy with BICTSF organizing and running the selection shoots but want to take ownership of the team selection.

BS want to introduce a 'squad' system whereby anyone out of half a dozen 'squad' members can be selected for any individual event to ensure that everyone gets a crack at a major overseas event. The selection criteria for the 'squad' are many and varied (such Minimum Consideration Scores along with loads of other immeasurable criteria) and no longer simply rely on selection shoot top 3 position (or top 2 plus a wild card) system run by BICTSF.

If BICTSF decide to 'take their ball home' what happens to the selection shoots then?

DT
Probably be arranged by the CPSA as Nick Fellows the CEO sits on the boards of both BICTSF and British Shooting. A foot in both camps and a conflict of interests I think.

Oh well. I'm not fully aware of the facts here but if as suspected  and  history has proved when this sort of thing happens. No medals after Rio.

Funnily enough I was explaining how badly clay shooting had done over several years due to this  type of activity by an unelected body under the sole ownership of " development Dorectors" and how things had improved to the point where we got somebody that won a quota place in OT.  to a board member of another sports governing body that has seen the quality at the top level crash since moving to the mosle that seems in vogue. 

The young guns need support. But don't for heavens sake destroy everybody else to give them undeserved team places or make them look better than they really are.

So lets now discuss Olympic Legacy..

Probably be arranged by the CPSA as Nick Fellows the CEO sits on the boards of both BICTSF and British Shooting. A foot in both camps and a conflict of interests I think.
good point Phil. Strangely the CPSA had slipped my mind as we are talking trap  :rolleyes:

DT

good point Phil. Strangely the CPSA had slipped my mind as we are talking trap  :rolleyes:

DT
Mmmm.. Don't they look after and promote clay shooting in England?  You know, look after the everyday club clay shooters. 

only two comments from me.

Thank god I shoot under FFBT... caveat they may have the same sort of sh*t going on :)

Even if I was in the UK shooting the only selection criteria I would every likely meet would be loading the traps ! :)

Really though is it just another turf war? Surely if you are the best you do the shooting... simples :)  

Latest posts

Back