Hotels near High Lodge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Dear All,

I am looking for a premier inn type hotel for one night for the BO at High Lodge.  I am coming from Harrow Middlesex and don't mind it being up to 10 miles/20 miles away from the venue.  Anyone point me in the right direction please as to which areas to look in.  I have googled but I am bog eyed looking and lazy.  Rather something generic like premier inn than B&B or posh hotel- getting there late Friday evening, sleeping and going Saturday.  Thanks.

There's premier inns/ travels lodges/ ibis in Ipswich which is about 20 miles away from the venue 

Its not easy. High Lodge is clearly in the middle of nowhere, so none of the usual hotel chains nearby.. I just booked some little pub type hotel about 10 miles away. Looks shocking..

Stayed at High Lodge a couple of years ago for a wedding. The huts\chalets there are ok for a weekend but I imagine they were booked as soon as it was announced that it was there.

Its not easy. High Lodge is clearly in the middle of nowhere, so none of the usual hotel chains nearby.. I just booked some little pub type hotel about 10 miles away. Looks shocking..
It's not 'in the middle of nowhere', it's on the edge of the 'middle of nowhere'

Nearest of PI/Travelodge type is in Lowestoft which is not so good as you'll have to pass HL to get there - so more driving.  Halesworth isn't far away, not a bad little town.  I live in the NW side of Ipswich and it takes me about 45 mins door to door, so not too bad.  If you do do this watch for speed camera vans in those 30 mph villages

It's not 'in the middle of nowhere', it's on the edge of the 'middle of nowhere'

Nearest of PI/Travelodge type is in Lowestoft which is not so good as you'll have to pass HL to get there - so more driving.  Halesworth isn't far away, not a bad little town.  I live in the NW side of Ipswich and it takes me about 45 mins door to door, so not too bad.  If you do do this watch for speed camera vans in those 30 mph villages
thanks Tim, I'm thinking I might travel from Ipswich.  Keeps him indoors happy as he knows what to expect from PI/Travel Lodge.  He's stayed in too many dodgy B&Bs during his working life and it's left him scarred.  :D

The ship in Blaxhall is where I booked. Isn't that band looking and inexpensive. Have a look Sian.

thanks Tim, I'm thinking I might travel from Ipswich.  Keeps him indoors happy as he knows what to expect from PI/Travel Lodge.  He's stayed in too many dodgy B&Bs during his working life and it's left him scarred.  :D
Know wot he means - I usually stay in PI's when working away as you know what you're getting and it's generally easy to get something to eat as well.

Just booked into this comp. myself - I'm shooting an hour after you.

Booked PI at Ipswich South East.  Says about 21 miles 33 mins to shoot so that'll do.  I have no idea how my text ends up as if you said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice as you're quickly on to the A14 then the A12 which takes you right up to H.L, although it does meander about a bit.  Turn off at the Darsham Food/Café place on the right.

I'm taking a bodyguard and a phrase book. And if there is a large wicker man set up at the ground, I'm turning round immediately.

You wont need a body guard, its not within the London metropolis !!!!!!!!!

Its where all the best shoots are .........   :baby:

In area for a few months last year, we ( 20 plus of us) found accomadation to be busy and not a lot of rooms available, found and stayed at The Bull at Woodbridge, it's slightly north east of Ipswich, just off A12 as a hotel it was decent enough, pleasant staff, lots of close options for what I thought was excellent food, ( tried everything on everyone's menu) no not at all like a Premier nor a Travelodge, I've also spent many nights in those.

Latest posts

Back