New Oxford Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukskydiver

Mornin' all

I've just started shooting, same as most folks posting in this 'ere forum.

Been on a few 'Stag Do' type shooting events and the like over the years and didn't make too bad an effort for someone who has not been brought up around shooting.  You don't get many drives in Birmingham. (Drive By's maybe).

I live in Oxfordshire now so I'll be looking for local clubs and grounds to go and spend time at and money on.

I've more recently done a few 50 and 100 sporting and very much liked it.  I have a lesson booked next weekend so as not to start with too many bad habits. 

So now the SGC application is in and the cheque has been cashed.  I hear that's the only part that they do quickly!

You can see from my moniker that I have another hobby.  There are so many similarities between the two sports:

• Get coaching so as not to form bad habits
  • Once you start seeing all the shiny things it gets expensive
  • My chosen discipline / bit of kit is better than yours
  • Don't believe everything you read on the internet
  • And did I say there are lots of shiny things out there to buy?
So that's me.... very new to the sport.  I will be reading lots on here to try and get up to speed, but getting out there and hitting clays, I guess, is really where it's at.

I will try and find out the answers to the most obvious questions before I post, but doubtless I will be asking daft ones, so I thank you in advance for your patience.

Cheers all, Phil

Hey Phil, welcome to the addiction.

If you're based in Oxfordshire, The Oxford Gun Co. near Oakley is a great place to start. Good club and shop, great instructors, nice bunch of shooters to walk around a sporting 100 with, and a healthy dose of gentle p**s-taking along the way. Alternatively, James at the Oxfordshire Shooting School is a thoroughly top guy, and a good instructor too in my experience.

... Oxford Gun Co. near Oakley is a great place to start ...

... James at the Oxfordshire Shooting School is a thoroughly top guy ...
I've been to Oxf Gun Co a couple of times and I have a lesson this coming Satureday.  Looking forward to it.

I haven't yet been to Oxf Shooting School.  It's on the list to visit.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back