Custom earplugs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Tristram

Hi ,

I currently use some foam earplugs with plastic centres to push them in. My ears sometimes get really sore and get very sensitive to touch on some occasions after wearing them. I've always wondered about getting a set of custom plugs until someone told me they had forgot to clean their ears before putting them in and it temporarily deafened him in one ear and had to go to the doctors. My ears make a lot of wax so I'm really cautious and I was wondering about other peoples options on if I should or not and if that could possible happen to me,

Thanks,

Tom ;)  

Well I've never heard of that happening before.  I started wearing custom plugs just under two years a go and find them fantastic, very comfortable with excellent protection.  I got mine from a company called plugzz. 

I have a set of the Cens passive jobbies. great for decoying and when using the chainsaw...

cant wear them for more than a hour or so as they hurt my ears, but I think that may be because I just have funny shaped lugs.

they certainly work though! just make sure you clean your eyes young man and you should be fine :lol:

Yeah it yeah I though that might be the case and I assume you meant ears not eyes ?

Well I've never heard of that happening before.  I started wearing custom plugs just under two years a go and find them fantastic, very comfortable with excellent protection.  I got mine from a company called plugzz. 
Thanks mate, I've just looked at their website and they are quite reasonablely priced in comparison to other brands!!

Have you looked at emtec and their product 

do you not have your emtec's no more 
Still got them.... but the CENS from Proshock are much better, and electronic - so I can hear conversations better. 

remember - your ears change over time, so plugs should be reviewed and checked. 

I've got a few problems with my ears (knackered eardrums) and produce a lot of wax, but have been using custom moulded plugs for shooting and for listening to music for about 12 years now, with no difficulty - the earphone ones are often worn for 8+ hours at a stretch.

My current shooting plugs are ACS Custom Impulse with a filter to allow some general hearing and then block the impact of the shot. I got them through my audiologist who reassured me against my scepticism about the effectiveness of the filters. If you have some concerns going in about wax, try visiting your audiologist for a chat, and have them make the moulds for you while you're there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice BTC3 if you have constant wax build up get your ears checked out! Our product is based on hocks technology which is noise cancelling if your using passive filter there is of course the newish dynamic electronics which are redesigned  to encompass all the good things from cens and removing some of the bad features

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back