Browning 725 reviews

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Hi folks. Been considering taking a look at a 32" B725, anybody had one, got one, how do they compare to the mk's or 525's etc. Any reviews gratefully recieved.

Regards Martin

I haven't had one but have two friend who do... I have a 525 and i got on very well with it, but i couldn't get on with either of my friends 725's, not sure why as both fitted reasonably well, but just did to get on with the overall feel of the gun. having said this, both my friends shoot very well with theirs and have not had any problems what so ever !!!  I would strongly advise trying one prior to purchasing one!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't shoot one but have tried a couple .not keen on the oversize palm swell. Couple of folks I know both shooting well with them . one a black edition , one standard. Looks like a lot of gun for the money. However both have had troubles with them resulting in returns to browning.what I will say is this that both the problems were sorted foc by  browning and returned to their owners in under a week. Good service . shame other manufacturers can't match this .

Other guns have probs too though.

would I trade my 682golde for one .prob not.

The 525 with an adjustable comb looks superb value at around£1400 . new.

Try em both then decide.

Jasper

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband changed from a 525 to a 725 in April this year.  He's very happy with it.  I think it's the palm swell that he finds more comfortable.

Woody on here has recently bought one.  He likes it so much he kissed it last weekend and there are rumours that he sleeps with it.

I do love mine. It deserved a kiss. 

I really enjoy shooting mine (32" black edition). I feel like I could have a crack at any target with it. The Palm swell is spot on, and the balance just right for me. It's certainly helping me rediscover some mojo that went seriously wandering for 12-18 months. 

I started with a 525 but recently changed to a 725. Its a very different gun actually and i'm still relearning some things but it feels like a much nicer bit of kit. The palm swell makes you feel like it fits your hand better so it takes hand position out as a variable to think about.

Thanks folks, quite a lot of positive reviews. I currently have 2 525's a 32" grade 1 for clays and a 30" premium gold for game, both sporters. To be honest having 2 guns has messed with my head a bit, I use the 30" premium gold all winter for clays and game and my 32" all summer for clays and It seems a shame to leave one in the cabinet all the time.

I've fancied a grade 5 or a prestige for a while so my thinking was that a 725 in 32" would be a good middle ground as I mainly shoot clays, only have a hand full of days out at game anyway. Chop both the 525's in for a 725. I like the feel of a palm swell and a like the idea of the mechanical trigger that is supposed to be very good.

Thanks folks, quite a lot of positive reviews. I currently have 2 525's a 32" grade 1 for clays and a 30" premium gold for game, both sporters. To be honest having 2 guns has messed with my head a bit, I use the 30" premium gold all winter for clays and game and my 32" all summer for clays and It seems a shame to leave one in the cabinet all the time.

I've fancied a grade 5 or a prestige for a while so my thinking was that a 725 in 32" would be a good middle ground as I mainly shoot clays, only have a hand full of days out at game anyway. Chop both the 525's in for a 725. I like the feel of a palm swell and a like the idea of the mechanical trigger that is supposed to be very good.
One gun. That is all..

I have, and use many of my guns . Everyone knows that I am messed up in the head ! :lol:

Find one gun that fits you and that you shoot well and keep it and use it .

725 Black myself as my first gun, figured just buy one nice gun and that's all I'll ever need.  I like the palm swell as it fits my hand nicely, I guess if your hands were on the smallish size it may feel a bit bulky.

Trying a gun afterwards without a palm swell feels tiny! .

Funnily enough I have a 525 and was thinking about upgrading to a 725 black next year. Only had the 525 for 16 months and really like it, but want something with a bit more of a luxury feel. The Palm swell does concern me though, something I need to try I guess. I suppose just because you get on well with a 525 doesn't necessarily mean a 725 will fit as well. 

.......... I suppose just because you get on well with a 525 doesn't necessarily mean a 725 will fit as well. 
Absolutely, the 525 and 725 feel very different to shoot. I love the look of the 725, and I like palm swell (my CG has it) and I'd happily shoot with a 525 but I just don't seem to be able to get along with the 725. So, I'd support the advice given to give the 725 a good try before you buy.

I currently own 2 Miroku Mk38's, one of them is a grade 1 trap which is my first gun , and the other i bought brand new from Neville's and they ordered it from the factory and I got an amazing deal on it. The actual gun is a MK38 sporter metal work, with grade 5 Browning trap wood. It came with 5 Teague chokes , invector plus Teague, adjustable comb, palm swell, adjustable trigger and a longer fore end. I got this for less than £2700 and if you got all the other things afterwards it would of cost so much more. In my eyes it was a great buy and yesterday I shot a 99/100 with it even though im still getting used to it!! Also just ask if you want a picture of it because I dont mind sending one to you :)  

I currently own 2 Miroku Mk38's, one of them is a grade 1 trap which is my first gun , and the other i bought brand new from Neville's and they ordered it from the factory and I got an amazing deal on it. The actual gun is a MK38 sporter metal work, with grade 5 Browning trap wood. It came with 5 Teague chokes , invector plus Teague, adjustable comb, palm swell, adjustable trigger and a longer fore end. I got this for less than £2700 and if you got all the other things afterwards it would of cost so much more. In my eyes it was a great buy and yesterday I shot a 99/100 with it even though im still getting used to it!! Also just ask if you want a picture of it because I dont mind sending one to you :)  
as above...

wouldn't change my MK38 if i'm honest... pound for pound, you'd struggle to get a better gun for the money.

in comparison to the 725, the only real thing it lacks is the mechanical triggers and the palm swell.

if you haven't used a MK38, give one a try. you may well be surprised!

Thanks folks, my 525's are very similar to the mk38 so originally dismissed them. But looking at the £1200 price difference and seeing how rare 32" grade 5 725's are I may be looking at the possibility of the mk38 in a grade 5 32" sporter. I'm going to clean down and put away my 30" premium gold for the rest of this game season anyway now and start putting the 32" to work. Seriously tempted to have a look at the Miroku when u get a day free for a ride out.

Thanks again folks for the input. 

Well after taking the plunge this week I have just had my first outing with my grade 5 725 32" sporter.

It is an absolutely lovely looking gun, never been massively taken by them before now, but in the flesh they are amazing for the money and look gorgeous.

So how's it gone? Well it shoots nothing like an mk38 or a 525. It weighs 8lb or just a fraction over, but feels effortless in the hands. The guns just seems to move and flow with minimal effort. The balance is about 10mm infront of the hinge pin. It really is a different experience to the mk's and 525's. The trigger is well worth a mention, I'm not a massive authority on triggers but it does feel to be amazing and an improvement over the inertia ones.

Overall, first impressions are outstanding!

Well after taking the plunge this week I have just had my first outing with my grade 5 725 32" sporter.

It is an absolutely lovely looking gun, never been massively taken by them before now, but in the flesh they are amazing for the money and look gorgeous.

So how's it gone? Well it shoots nothing like an mk38 or a 525. It weighs 8lb or just a fraction over, but feels effortless in the hands. The guns just seems to move and flow with minimal effort. The balance is about 10mm infront of the hinge pin. It really is a different experience to the mk's and 525's. The trigger is well worth a mention, I'm not a massive authority on triggers but it does feel to be amazing and an improvement over the inertia ones.

Overall, first impressions are outstanding!
Sounds lovely. Stick a bit of weight in the stock, to balance it and make it the perfect weight of around 8.5 lbs. it's a keeper..

Latest posts

Back