ABT British Open and H I changes.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilR

Due to organisational difficulties the ICTSC have altered the 2016 calender concerning Automatic Ball Trap events.

In 2016, the British Open ABT will not be run concurrent with the Home International; instead it will be moved to an earlier date. Date and venue to be confirmed shortly.

The 2016 Home International has also been moved from the first weekend in September and will now be held on the weekend of September 16-17, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a strange one from the powers that be, as they have been showing the British on the calendar as early in the year for a few weeks, maybe its one hand hasnt got a damned clue what the others doing........

Yes I was very pleased to see that.

I think the Home International match  should be a stand alone event for the teams only, plus any squad fillers.

Yes I was very pleased to see that.

I think the Home International match  should be a stand alone event for the teams only, plus any squad fillers.
The ABT was combined a couple of years ago as to get more competitors from across each of the  nations to the event. It had been noted that as it was not a selection shoot for the teams it tended only to be shot ny a small number from the country that it was held. Fot example when it was held in Ireland where it's   pain in the arse to travel to with your gun the other nations didn't bother to go. Combining the event at least got the best from each country to shoot it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the worst, who happened to shoot it as it on their doorstep. The best of each country are generally in the national teams.

Found this in the december cpsa minutes. 

Alternative format for ABT

NF reported that at the recent meeting of the North Regional Committee an alternative format for

ABT was discussed. The alternative format is to shoot straight through and use one referee per

layout. The ABT sub-committee believe that the current system is holding the discipline back and

that it would help if shooters were able to shoot straight through leaving them with free time in the

afternoon. Not having to referee would be an additional benefit to the shooters. The North

Regional Committee reported that some new shooters had been made to feel that they were not

welcome and the board agreed that this was not appropriate behaviour for shooters. The

alternative format and shooters’ behaviour was referred to the sub-committee.

Found this in the december cpsa minutes. 

Alternative format for ABT

NF reported that at the recent meeting of the North Regional Committee an alternative format for

ABT was discussed. The alternative format is to shoot straight through and use one referee per

layout. The ABT sub-committee believe that the current system is holding the discipline back and

that it would help if shooters were able to shoot straight through leaving them with free time in the

afternoon. Not having to referee would be an additional benefit to the shooters. The North

Regional Committee reported that some new shooters had been made to feel that they were not

welcome and the board agreed that this was not appropriate behaviour for shooters. The

alternative format and shooters’ behaviour was referred to the sub-committee.
First I've heard of it and I'm on the ABT sub c'ttee. I've copied it to the Chairperson for clarification.  I certainly don't think that the current system is holding ABT back and nor has that been discussed. A figment of NF's imagination or he, and his mate Terry Bobbett determined to interfere with ABT once again.