Aftermarket firing pins for Brownings

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bartlett

Hi,

Now that i have my New HPX DSR Perazzi and am putting in some good scores, i have decided to give my old browning 525 a service due to the occasional miss fire before switching over. I have noticed quite bad pitting on both firing pins even with the naked eye. I have heard that there are aftermarket firing pins made but i can only see then in the US and am not sure if JP Dyson make them or just sell old ones?  Does anyone know where i can source these better quality aftermarket firing pins from? 

I have tried searching for an old topic but it seems to have been removed. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike, call North Ayrshire shooting ground, ask for Jim Young, he has a 'fix' for browning firing pins...

Hi

try these guys, I got a set of springs and pins    www.jnpgunsprings.com

Bottom pin is made marginally longer, you need a Citori set for a 525 or the mk38...

They fit nice and work good and not expensive..

100% on that mutley. , i , and many others have used JP for years, was easiest for us in SA, never had a problem, having fitted them to lots guns in the past.also cheaper than genuine factory stuff. 

they ONLY make springs pins screws for guns nothing else, so well engineered.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=15

Thanks guys, i have ordered the kit after confirming it will all fit my GP sporter with them.

Hopefully it won't take long to arrive. 

Another vote for JP - their bits for Perazzis are absolutely first rate and they do not take their time sending things off.  Actually I think they know I'm gonna order something and send it off a couple days before I call them.

Fitted JNP springs to mine and my wifes 3 Brownings and MK3800, The hammer springs are a bit longer than the Brownings and are quite fun to fit, had to retrieve one from the hallway after it piunged out.

Use a cotton bud to clean out the firing pin holes as there is a surprising amount of crap in there.

How long did they take to arrive ? Was there an import charge imposed ?

mine have started pitting but they seemed to get bad quite quickly but haven't really got any worse.

mine have started pitting but they seemed to get bad quite quickly but haven't really got any worse.
Take them out, polish the ends just enough to clean them up and stick them back in. They will erode more slowly after this. Being too long is the cause of the worst erosion.

Speaking to a Gunsmith/ Gundealer friend last week who collects 'Best' Guns.

"Do you shoot them?"   "Good Lord, No, I shoot a thirty year old Miroku, bought second hand then, with pitted firing pins. I suppose really I ought to change them and the hammer springs ! "

The first set I ordered, for my 525, took around 7 days to arrive and import duty and post office delivery charge was imposed.

The second sets, to replace a set in my XTR and the wifes 525 and her MK3800, ordered around 18 months after the first ones took around 5 days and was delivered straight to my door with no import or delivery imposed. So you coukld be lucky or not.

Latest posts

Back