Reg Sporting in the Southeast ( or lack thereof )

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Greenfields on 06/12 and 03/01

Horne ( Church Farm )  20/12 28/12 10/01

Southdown 13/12 27/12 01/01

Not exactly spoilt for choice! 

Does everyone give up sporting in winter in the SouthEast? Driving 100 miles or more to get to a decent shoot when it's cold, wet and dark on the road doesn't grab my fancy!

No we don't give up we travel if necessary.  It is a bit gloomy travelling in the morning in the dark and back again at night in the dark and I am not that keen on cleaning up the gear when we get home if it has been muddy but I can't imagine not shooting and Tony definitely would not give up, its the highlight of his week.

What are you complaining about??? In the far North (above the Middlands) that would look like a busy winter schedule...

What are you complaining about??? In the far North (above the Middlands) that would look like a busy winter schedule...
Yes I think you would win the scarce shoots game.  Although now you've got your trap you should get a few sneaky practise ones in.

Yes I think you would win the scarce shoots game.  Although now you've got your trap you should get a few sneaky practise ones in.
Yeah, three traps, hope to add another two next year, still nothing compares to competition!!! :D

Yeah, three traps, hope to add another two next year, still nothing compares to competition!!! :D
Still I wouldn't mind being able to go outside and have a few practise rounds right there are home.

There is also Reg ESP's at E J Churchills on the 10th December

Atkin Grant & Lang on the 18th

Four Counties on the 20th

and just across the border, Owls Lodge on the 12th & 22nd

So not too bad really! :smile:

There is also Reg ESP's at E J Churchills on the 10th December

Atkin Grant & Lang on the 18th

Four Counties on the 20th

and just across the border, Owls Lodge on the 12th & 22nd

So not too bad really! :smile:
Richard, once again, OLSS seem to have a different view to the CPSA. Their next shoot is on the 17th and those other dates are not on. Needs a Richard to Richard phone call. ?

Hi Will - I took those dates from Pull & online fixtures but I can see on RF's website the 17th only! I'll contact him and confirm.

Hi Will - I took those dates from Pull & online fixtures but I can see on RF's website the 17th only! I'll contact him and confirm.
Its definitely 17th I have booked in and last time I spoke to Richard and Tanya they said  to always follow their website rather than the fixtures list.

Hi Sian, okay thanks. I've e-mailed Richard anyway as it still needs changing on our system. With Pull being a double issue and produced back in October the fixture dates published do sometimes change from those advertised!

There is still some good reg opportunities anyway in December! 

And that West Kent don't put on a weekday Registered.  It's got all the facilities, but is only really interest in what it can make out of the corporate does.

Greenfields on 06/12 and 03/01

Horne ( Church Farm )  20/12 28/12 10/01

Southdown 13/12 27/12 01/01

Not exactly spoilt for choice! 

Does everyone give up sporting in winter in the SouthEast? Driving 100 miles or more to get to a decent shoot when it's cold, wet and dark on the road doesn't grab my fancy!
8 shoots in just over a month, do tell how does this compare to what is "normally" on offer in the area? 

Greenfields has a Registered on the first Sunday of every month, with a few extras at some points relating to the Kent team selection shoots.  Horne I think is basically every other Sunday as a Registered.  Southdown I'm not sure about.  Typically I would expect four or five Registered ESP shoots a month between those three grounds.

There are other grounds, but they don't seem to be interested in ESP Registered shoots.  As well as Bisley and West Kent (mentioned above), Dartford supposedly used to do Registered ESP shoots, but not now (the still do trap on a regular basis).

I think we're just jealous of those in the Midlands, who often seem to have three shoots in relatively close proximity on a single day.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that West Kent don't put on a weekday Registered.  It's got all the facilities, but is only really interest in what it can make out of the corporate does.
They likely underestimate how good it can be for them. EJC never expected 120- 180 to be their entry level. AGL started slowly, with poor advertising and fibre wads, but even their initial 25 entries is now 60+ and growing.

The 'Real' South West is nice for holidays, but for Sporting Clay Shooting........?

Devon has 1 shoot coming up on 12th December, then 1 on 31st January, and, get this, another on February 28th.

Cornwall's next shoot is 3rd January, and then nothing else listed!!!

Dorset has 1 on 30th December, but Dorset is just a suburb of London, and Somerset is virtually South Midlands, but has 1 shoot on 6th December, then nothing until February 7th.

Please bear in mind it can sometimes be an hour's drive to get to an arterial A road and on to somewhere else, so I think the South East is lucky really.(Just not as lucky as those along the M4 corridor and up into The Midlands).

Good job it's packed with the best Game Shoots in the Country or there would be nothing to do through the winter. :wink:

Latest posts

Back