Rio Target load

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Anybody have an opinion on the shooting qualities of this cartridge? I have found a seller down here that will sell them for  €160 per thousand plus del of €27 but the del is a fixed price so obviously if I buy say 4 thousand then the price delivered is that much nearer the standard cost. I am just looking for a basic training cartridge and that is €40 per thou cheaper than the Clever T2 I currently use which is a good saving... but if the cartridge is not good then its not a saving :)

I believe W.H loves em :rolleyes:
I do. I would say they compare well to a Clever T2. Perhaps slightly more recoil, but not bad. Great patterns through my gun. I have used about 25,000 and never had a single problem. Best value cartridge I know.

I use the 8 shot, but have tried the 7.5 which are a bit tighter and do cause dust. Probably the best bet for trap.

Good enough for me to give them a try out then. Thanks for the advice. The price of them is very good, just about the cheapest I can buy down here, just a pity they charge €27 for the del because per thou that makes them €187 but if I buy say 5k the del price is still €27 so then a good price at €165 per thousand. I think I will give them a try.

They do a deal for buying 24k of them... you save €4 per thousand which is not worth the investment in stark contrast to the guy on here who got a £60 per thousand saving buying 30k of Clever T2's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing delivery concept by the French too. Here, it's £15 for 1000, £30 for 2000. It usually suddenly becomes free at 10,000 so buying 9000 is presumably unwise..

Another good thing about the Rio is the box. It's really plain and cheap and I have no problem throwing it in the recycling. With Hull, I feel the need to keep the boxes and use them as Xmas wrapping. Stressful.

Amazing delivery concept by the French too. Here, it's £15 for 1000, £30 for 2000. It usually suddenly becomes free at 10,000 so buying 9000 is presumably unwise..

Strangely the delivery charges for some things down here can be quite high but as you note the delivery of cartridges somehow bucks the trend. The place I get my Clevers from don't charge for delivery as long as you buy 500 or more so it is a no brainer for me, because I live out in the country, I don't have to waste time and fuel to buy them add to that del is 48hrs and it is great also the €204 per thousand price seems not too bad. This new supplier does charge albeit a one off charge so to make sense not getting Clevers I would really have to buy 4 or 5k at the one time to get the price back closer to the €160 per thousand. You are spot on though the more I order the cheaper the del charge per unit becomes.

Back to the cartridge!

Personally I love them from the 24g 9s for OSK to the 28g 7.5 and 8s for sporting consistent and leave very very little residue in the barrels. Here the prices were £152 a thou but supply very adhoc.

Well they seem to get a real thumbs up so they will be given a try out thanks for the replies. I will be using 28g  7.5's for UT training.

Latest posts

Back