They're out...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/percentage-cut-off-points-for-the-issue-49-classifications-copy-56572b04f3e9d

Bugger, 0.4% away from the top 20.

They really are a nonsense though. That someone who's only shot 1000 targets in good weather and at the same ground can be placed above someone that's shot 8000 in all weathers seems daft.

Last edited by a moderator:

They really are a nonsense though. That someone who's only shot 1000 targets in good weather and at the same ground can be placed above someone that's shot 8000 in all weathers seems daft.
absolutely agree and have said same many times. Classes to me are in some respects meaningless, but folk seem to like em so what can you do. Unlucky on the top twenty though mate, at least that has some credibility due to targets shot at different grounds etc. Next year maybe

absolutely agree and have said same many times. Classes to me are in some respects meaningless, but folk seem to like em so what can you do. Unlucky on the top twenty though mate, at least that has some credibility due to targets shot at different grounds etc. Next year maybe
Thank you. I'll take a 97.2% average given all the trigger freeze issues I had last year. An awful lot of points were dropped watching targets sail away into the distance! 

I feel for you mate I have suffered with it a few times and strangely mainly at dtl. Go figure

bloody good average mate mine is 96.3 but that's on no were near your targets shot so I am one of those reasonably good by percentage dtl shooters you refer to, and I admit it. Ha

Drift thread ....

Once you are in A or above, sure classes mean nothing ( except to reduce your payouts in comps ) but without them I would not be nearly as keen to travel about the country to shoot. Something I have done pretty extensively in the past 18 months or so. I will be moving up to B on Monday but I'll be grabbing the last chance to bag a place on Sunday on the basis of my last C opportunity. I'll have to drive over 100 miles each way. If I was shooting off a scratch card I'd simply stay local or even give it a miss as I'd have no chance of competing against my peers. 

Even if I won it wouldn't be a financially viable day but if I didn't go then the ground doesn't get my business, the number of shooters is reduced and at some point it all falls apart.

The system is arcane, should be more agile ..........

But this seems to be a perennial subject.

Quick question for you guys.

Naturally I've looked up my "adjusted" score, and it appears to include the past 6 months' worth of results, giving me a percentage that defines my CPSA classification.

When I check my current ranking it appears to be based on my "raw" score, which happens to be what would be my "adjusted" score if I include the single result from the previous six months. 

My question: Are the current classification and the current ranking based on different periods?

Your classification is based on scores registered from the previous 12 month rolling shooting periods of the 1st of May to the 30th of April for the 1st of June issue and the 1st of November to the 31st of October for the 1st of December.

You can see issue 50 on your dashboard which is just your current 6 months of shooting,  however we are currently using issue 48 soon to be issue 49 on the 1st December.

From what I can see the rankings have already been updated based on the issue 49 averages. Mine are certainly based on the Adjusted average but without knowing your CPSA number it difficult to check your ranking/averages. As said, if you can only see your scores for the last 6 months you are looking at issue 50, not 49. use the tab at the top right corner to go back to iss 49.

DT

My number is 131695.

I ask because the rankings has just (today) changed, with scores both raw & adjusted that have changed too, and although it's not issue 50 as yet I just wondered

My word it's complicated. For a newbie such as myself it's far from intuitive. I have eventually worked out how adjusted scores are calculated (the website is a mite misleading, only the given example nails it) but surely something a little simpler could be developed?

What I'm seeing at the moment forces me to agree that a classification based on a handful of shoots at one venue is pretty meaningless. 

many are now on rankings section playing the filter game to see how high up you can get yourself.

its surprisingly easy to filter enough stuff and look world class.

classes ...... Bah

As I read it top 20 to be either minimum 500 or 1000 targets

depending which given disipline and a minimum of three 

different grounds  !!

Latest posts

Back