Meadowcroft 15th Nov 100 ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

First visit there for me today, was planning on Westfield until I was offered a lift and company so off South It was, it was nowhere near as windy as overnight which was a big relief, that said I did however struggle on most stands, not really coming to terms with and not learning from mistakes until too late on most of the target presentations, ChrisC leading on 94 when I left though still quite a few out in the course. Would return with greater resolve to do the course justice. Nice to see a few friendly ( happy might be pushing it in a few cases ) smiley faces.

Great to shoot with you today Rich. Accompanied by the welsh wizard, Gareth Jones and big Tim (shooting a 20 bore, brave man). Good to see Ken Roberts, TipTop and the noble Lord Pewsey. (Teepee for the forum people)

Steady course as usual, with a few stands that you should straight whatever class you are in. I enjoyed stand 1 with a 9/10 on a great crosser which seemed to trouble a few in front of us. Mr Tipper found it which was good to see. A bit of a monster if you started on this one.

Great to see a lot of the old faces here and nice to see another ground in the south being well supported. I shall be supporting this one in future.

Great to shoot with you today Rich. Accompanied by the welsh wizard, Gareth Jones and big Tim (shooting a 20 bore, brave man). Good to see Ken Roberts, TipTop and the noble Lord Pewsey. (Teepee for the forum people)

Steady course as usual, with a few stands that you should straight whatever class you are in. I enjoyed stand 1 with a 9/10 on a great crosser which seemed to trouble a few in front of us. Mr Tipper found it which was good to see. A bit of a monster if you started on this one.

Great to see a lot of the old faces here and nice to see another ground in the south being well supported. I shall be supporting this one in future.
Really enjoyed the company good to shoot with you Stew , Rich and big Tim good to see TipTop, Ken and Big father Tony the Lord Pewsey and enjoyed the course. Easy drive there only an hour 40 the rain stayed away just a big que to cross the bridge home due to the high winds will gladly support again.

And saved £4 by not going to Westfield.
Seems a better choice today then that would make comp £40 :whistle:      when did that go up then Jim ? 

Hi Gareth we put the entry fee up by £2 month ago at Westfield and Weston wood due to hidden costs at these grounds !! We continue  to invest in equipment and facilities at all of our grounds to make the overall package better for the competition shooter , we never pick up clays as some do so no birds are a minimum , our service on informing the shooter of news and results via media , email , app etc is second to none , some of the best payouts in the country .

jim you forgot to hand your card in again today !!! Which must have been an over sight on your behalf as I know with all the trouble you caused with other shooters a year or so ago you want it to be right and up front !!!

Hi Steve thanks for the info and explanation as not been to westfield ( 2hr run) for awhile and weston wood( 3hr+ run) is to much of a run and both incur the costs of the bridge on top of a day out for me. 

Hi Gareth we put the entry fee up by £2 month ago at Westfield and Weston wood due to hidden costs at these grounds !! We continue  to invest in equipment and facilities at all of our grounds to make the overall package better for the competition shooter , we never pick up clays as some do so no birds are a minimum , our service on informing the shooter of news and results via media , email , app etc is second to none , some of the best payouts in the country .

jim you forgot to hand your card in again today !!! Which must have been an over sight on your behalf as I know with all the trouble you caused with other shooters a year or so ago you want it to be right and up front !!!
so how much do you give back in prize money per comp entry of that £40 ? .....wanting to be right and upfront ....... :wink: :angel:

The difference between BO and comp is £5 , we pay the high gun money and usually top up if needed , 

on our 120 bird shoots we pay the £200 high gun and usually add another £150 to £200 overall !!

on our pool shoots we payout £175 on each one !!!

good man  ;)  looking back at Garlands there must have been some sort of B/O shooters in A class then ??  around 45 entries and £130 paid back !! 

Yep there was a lot of Birds only shooters .

we take the total prize fund and divide it by the four classes to equal things out , we have been doing it like this for about the last four years and will continue to do so .

Didn't hand my card in because I did not complete the shoot. I looked at that stupid pond stand a ten foot frog and thought ill save eight shells instead. When you advertise one hundred English sporting what part of that don't you under stand. You might think its cleaver but your not shooting £40 for that -h-t how much will you want for 120 birds. I have always supported Westfield but are gang of four will be off to Bath next time out and will do so until you sort your self out.

Here we go again ! Prize money moaners.

If the majority of entries are C&B class paying the majority of the money into the pot, then along come those AA & A Bandits, dash into the ground , shoot a round then dash off some where else picking up the majority of the paid in prize money, surely that cannot be right????

So should we really penalise the A&AA shots because they are less in numbers? Of course not surely !

This has been an issue for years, the top shots have spent a small fortune competing and practicing to become as good as they are ( Best in the World) is it not fair that when they achieve that skill set , they should then reap the benefits???

I really do not know the answer to this conundrum.  

Dependant upon the entries and the class split , could a formula not be worked out where the H/G is fairly rewarded and perhaps the class majority had a small percentage of their prize fund deducted to top up the classes with poorer turn outs???

As a C class "struggler" I've (bar 1/2 moral high chair moments) entered comp, although I can fully understand why the vast majority of C class entrants are entering birds only, in short the lower classes have a fair blessing of rapidly rising stars and starlets that learn ever so quickly and out perform the rest of us within one or two shoots, many of us that remain in the doldrums for 90% + of the time keep the £5 in their pocket.

Can't begrudge the AA shooters one bit, to get and to stay competing at that level is quite something.

The solution, as if you didn't know it already, is to behave like Gentlemen and remember this is a sport for us, not a business. (Except for the organisers who can't be expected to do it for the love of us!)

You will notice I didn't include Ladies in this because they know how to compete fairly and with good grace!  Perhaps Ladies are the "New Gentlemen?"  :wink:

Jim you know how much the 120 birds are as you entered it three weeks ago !!!! It's the same as it's always been .as for the wood stand it was a tricky technical stand , probably you weren't confident of hoisting them as they are harder than a 50 yard crosser .

we provide a test of shooting skill to all classes with challenging and realistic challenges with different variety on every stand nothing repetitive , 

you choose where you go so please carry on .

i did hear you seem to have lost your card at this other ground a few times aswell perhaps a concentration loss 

Ho just a thought JIM aswell in future you should still hand your card in as the average will be counted on the 92  clays you decided to shoot at !!!!!!

you can clarify this with Cpsa if you wish as you already know them all so well down there !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed that Pond Stand.  I found the first bird difficult as I am not quick enough or skilled enough yet and had  my gun in the wrong position so only got one but the second bird I got and was happy to practise my ambushing skills!  So basically as a C class shooter I was faced with a a stand that was going to really challenge me (first bird) and at the same time give me a bit of hope (second bird).  Isn't that what we want?

You are spot on sian !!! This game nowadays as got nothing to do with representing live game birds , it's a game of speed , angles and sometimes a bit of distance but the main ingredient for me is variety as I take a bloody long time to get this right on every stand .

Jim you know how much the 120 birds are as you entered it three weeks ago !!!! It's the same as it's always been .as for the wood stand it was a tricky technical stand , probably you weren't confident of hoisting them as they are harder than a 50 yard crosser .

we provide a test of shooting skill to all classes with challenging and realistic challenges with different variety on every stand nothing repetitive , 

you choose where you go so please carry on .

i did hear you seem to have lost your card at this other ground a few times aswell perhaps a concentration loss 

Ho just a thought JIM aswell in future you should still hand your card in as the average will be counted on the 92  clays you decided to shoot at !!!!!!

you can clarify this with Cpsa if you wish as you already know them all so well down there !!!
You have got to be the most arrogant -w-t that ever drew breath, I learnt the loosing my card trick from your mate ed

Just for clarity if I'm that Ed my card always goes in- just look at all the shot scores I post!

Latest posts

Back