Express Supreme Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Here is a question for us to ponder!

Is there really a better cartridge out there than an Express Supreme?

I have been shooting for many years and have shot hundreds of different brands , but I doubt there is a better cartridge that can out perform a Supreme in any scenario.

I have shot Express World Cup and suffered tremendous headaches afterwards , but recently I shot some and noticed a vast improvement .

But FBlacks , Black Storm, ViP's , JK6's, various HULL products  (all good) you name them I have shot them , but not one has the allround performance and reliability of Express Supreme.

I would be interested in your comments, if sponsorship or brand allegiance is an issue please PM me

Yes and No!

I too have shot a lot of Supremes along with other makes for both Game and Clay shooting. I cannot fault them performance wise at all.

The greatest drawback is buying the damn things! At one time Express were available at just about every Gunshop I went to in my region. Then they went silly with their prices when the lead price took an upturn a few years ago. They were then dropped like hot bricks by nearly all my usual suppliers who sourced the more "economic" brands as they realised they would never sell Express at the prices required.

I did once ask Lyalvale Express directly by email where the nearest supplier was to me, only to receive a very curt reply around 3 weeks later about a shop 150 miles away! Yes, I shoot another brand now because I can.

If they get their supply network sorted, and if their prices are comparative to other brands I would consider using them again, but until then....................?

Here is a question for us to ponder!

Is there really a better cartridge out there than an Express Supreme?

I have been shooting for many years and have shot hundreds of different brands , but I doubt there is a better cartridge that can out perform a Supreme in any scenario.

I have shot Express World Cup and suffered tremendous headaches afterwards , but recently I shot some and noticed a vast improvement .

But FBlacks , Black Storm, ViP's , JK6's, various HULL products  (all good) you name them I have shot them , but not one has the allround performance and reliability of Express Supreme.

I would be interested in your comments, if sponsorship or brand allegiance is an issue please PM me
I agree they are a very good shell, my distant memory of them when I last managed to afford a thou  :yell:  was that they were soft to shoot and seemed to give even kills with no obvious central concentration. I have said it here before that Express are really missing a trick by not revitalising their older favourites, nobody needs brass as high as Supremes so just get with the programme and remake it for todays market. 

I am another who loved them but abandoned them years ago on price principle. My opinion is that expensive shells usually only offer real benefits of nice packaging and smooth recoil. Just maybe there are other ballistic advantages but they would only be useful on the most extreme targets, which there aren't many of on a sporting round usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still got 250 left  from a batch I bought about 20 years ago as the Winchester,GBs were by then very difficult to find.   Been saving them for a special game day. Think they were £105 per 1000 then. Heavens knows what they cost now. 

Game cartridges are 30p each, what you shoot at are 100 times as much. Just bought a slab of Pro One fibre with copper plated shot in a beautiful purple carton. For £82.50 Don't feel I got a good deal.

Never shot any and at those prices never likely to either :eek:  

Solware have them for £247.33/thou but at £61/thou above Fblacks and £25/thou more than Golden Trap they are staying firmly on the shelf. They don't seem to do a 24 gram option either and does any cartridge really need 25mm of brass?

Express do generally appear quite expensive across the board compared to other brands. Even Super Comp are £211/thou :rolleyes:  

Day dreamers

Shame really as they are made about 5 miles from my house.

DT

I refuse to shoot anything over two hundred unless it comes with a written guarantee of two extra targets x 100.

used to love them but once they got past 130 (olympics were 70 a thou then) just got to rich for me...besides i can miss with cheap shells :lol:

Game cartridges are 30p each, what you shoot at are 100 times as much. Just bought a slab of Pro One fibre with copper plated shot in a beautiful purple carton. For £82.50 Don't feel I got a good deal.
£82.50 for a slab??? What grams/shot size are they then?

Supreme Game did not like my S x S game gun, too many runners. Back on High Pheasant, most things are dead in the air again now.

Last season I paid £84 at R & K Stockcraft for a slab of Black Gold 30gm #5. That's the last I'll be buying from there or Black Gold.

I suppose it comes down to define better?

if they gave an advantage over all the others we would all shoot them!

How very true !

I have found the gun that only goes off when it is 'on target', I just now need to find some cartridges that can keep up with it !

Latest posts

Back