Proshock Dynamic Ear Defenders : My review

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpd1309

ShootClay Supporter
Proshock Dynamic ear defenders: a review

I originally bought a set of Hocks filter custom ear defenders at the CLA game fair in 2013, this was my first dealing with Proshock ear technology.

So when I and a friend decided to go down the electronic route, Proshock was a natural choice.

So after a few calls we met Steve Oreilly, Proshock Midlands rep, on Sunday the 5th July at Kegworth shooting ground. Steve is a fellow shooter and took us through a couple of options and steered us toward the Dynamics over the CENS units, due to some issues with warranty. Steve dually made our moulds; all good Steve is a great guy. Payment was to made to Claire later in the week by credit card

On Friday the 10th the deal was done and my card debited, delivery we were told would be 3 -4 weeks, so we sat back and waited, did a fair bit of shooting and wondered if our new ear defender would make us better than a certain Mr Digweed!

August arrived and on the twentieth day so did my mates new ear defenders, two days later mine arrived; this was all after the exchange of a few emails and calls to chase.

First impressions

Inside the box, was a Proshock baseball cap, a Cedis hearing aid cleaning kit, 30 batteries and a slightly over engineered case that contains a travel box with both ear defenders inside.

The supplied intrustions are in my view very lacking, despite supplying a cleaning kit there is nothing on how to use it, not everyone is a rocket scientist like me, the same really applies to fitting the batteries. Having fitted the said batteries ,one of the units starting whistling, no problem just turn the volume down I thought, the control for this is tiny and it appears that it will be trial and error setting this up on each unit as trying to adjust in ear I found very difficult and I don’t have fat fingers.

In use

I’ve used the ear defender for over 12 hours now and still on the original set of batteries, my friends are also still on the same set, they are A10 batteries different to the literature on Proshocks site.

The ear defenders in use are very comfy and perform really well, the volume control is as fiddly as I first thought it would be, hard to find once the ear defender is in the ear, having said that, once set I’ve not had to adjust them. The enclosed instructions state that the batteries should be removed when not in use, the battery door does look very fragile and it’s a bit fiddly

All in all, we are both very pleased with the ear defender, they perform really well.

Pros, excellent sound clarity with a very quick response to the gun firing.

Improvements, better instructions, redesigned the volume control

Feedback from Proshock: They are looking at putting videos on their web site for cleaning and using the defenders.  Both our units are fitted with A10 batteries; this is because we have small ears!

thanks for the feed back i will pass it back with your recommendations its good to have an honest review

Back