British Open - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
So, who's going? Who shot it? How did you get on? What did you think? 

Let us know how the British Open was for you!

Sportrap on Friday a 4.20 and ESP on sat at 9.20.

Looking at the map,i think STR layout one and ESP stand one will get direct sun at somepoint ,if its out.

Great variety if targets,ran like clock work ,i shot terable but enjoyed it ,hopefully i can look  like someone who has shot before on the sportrap tomorrow. 

will be there from lunch tommorow shooting sporting at 4.30!

Just spoken to a mate that shot both today two good shoots got to work hard for everything 

111 leading sporting when he left 

94 leading sportrap which was awesome by all accounts

he was leading B class when he left with 97

Don't forget this year scores are pretty much irrelevant, except it will count to your averages, and for your own peace of mind. They are just a daily qualifying score for the finals day. Doesn't matter one Jot who is top of any class during the week, only the Sunday after the 75 birder.....Just saying. :smile:

Just out of interest what does it cost to enter an event like this?

thanks

PMG

Sportrap was £47 and the Sporting was £59 per person, these at targets only.

Shot both yesterday and I have to say it's a real test of your own ability, fair but you have to work for every clay. Both sport trap and sporting ran very smoothly with no hold ups. Steve has a way of just taking a clay here and a clay there off of you and at the end you think where did all those losses come from. Everything is smashable but it's more about gun control. 

I shot the sport trap with Kevin Jobling who is on 94 I shot 85 so a few short but good to watch him and how he took on the doubles. 

Sporting I shot with Nick Hendrick who shot 111 and I shot 101 and again to see the level of concentration of a top class shooter and how he handled the losses when they happened was a lesson in itself. If you want to improve go and watch a top shooter miss a clay and see how they turn that into winning score 

for all of you who have yet to shoot, work hard and above all have fun. 

Daz. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting Both on Saturday, really looking forward to it no matter what the score at the end says. Its about the test of skill and having a laugh when all the shooting is done.

Sportrap was £47 and the Sporting was £59 per person, these at targets only.
many thanks

Add on cartridges,fuel,food and loss of a day's wages(self employed) it ain't cheap.

On these larger Comps can you just turn up to watch?

Thanks

PMG

many thanks

Add on cartridges,fuel,food and loss of a day's wages(self employed) it ain't cheap.

On these larger Comps can you just turn up to watch?

Thanks

PMG
Yes you can turn up and watch.

For us its an overnight as well as we are on the sportrap fri aft and sporting sat am, So just a half day off for me (self employed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back