winchester

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend has the select grey laminated stock with adjustable comb and it never misses a beat each week. It's heavier than my 525 and he chokes it to tight in my opinion (full/extra full) for sporting. Balanced nicely though.

Was toying with the idea of one when i started ...

Got a poor review in one of the mag's,   risk of injury to the reviewer !!  (The front endge of the adjustable comb was very sharp)

Also i wasnt keen on there new composite laminate type wood or checkering.

But for the money it was good value

:santa:

I had one as my first gun a few years back (Energy model), liked a 'modern' looking gun rather than one full of engraving. Too light for me tho and the build quality felt cheap, adjustable comb kept falling apart.

Swapped it after a year for a Beretta 682 Evo and my scores went way up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too had a Select Energy (which is a higher grade than the Select). It was a cracking gun and I shot some decent scores with it. In trap guise they're particularly good although hard to find now.

It's nice to shoot something different to the Browning, Miroku and Beretta staple. Resale will undoubtedly be an issue if and when you come to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a Wincherter Grand European sporting, great gun handled well, nice engraving. 

I saw a couple of these in R&K stockcraft this weekend - might be worth a look? 

anybody rate the Winchester select sporting  ,   or are they s***e .
There's a world of difference between Winchesters of old and some of the newer ones and a great many others which were merely cheap tat marketed under the name. Those made between the mid 80's till around the late 90's were generally superb value for money, they had easy opening actions, good triggers and handled well although the firing pins could give some trouble from time to time. 

Back