Sportrap Countback.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupert

Rufforth just overturned a position due to "mistake on countback", how does the countback work? I have looked at the technical rules but cant find it.

Having spoken with the CPSA today countback cannot be used to determine placings for STR.

Spoke to the CPSA again, now we can use countback, but they have failed to define the specifics of the method. I daren't ring again in case  they change there minds for a third time.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the cpsa today

Hi Martyn,

It is clear to us that we obviously should have clarified exactly what the Count-Back process should be and how it should be used. It is not correct that it was left open to interpretation for any shoot whether a one day registered shoot or a  County, Regional or National championship.

We have now with immediate effect obtained board approval and adjusted Rule 1.10 to include the following:

‘Count-back’

Ties to be resolved by count-back will be determined by scores (hits or points) as recorded on a ‘stand-by-stand’ or ‘layout-by-layout’ basis sequentially from the last stand / layout of a competition to the first.

Failing this, these ties will then be determined on a ‘shot-by-shot’ (hit or loss) basis sequentially from the last target of the competition to the first.

Should any perfect score ties remain a shoot-off will need to be arranged to determine these ties.

This has also been put on our website as a news item and we will notify all shooting grounds.

With regard to the results of the North Region Sportrap Championships it will be up to the Regional Committee how to resolve the results and correct them if they decide to, as the above rule adjustment was not in place at the time of the event. I will however make the recommendation that the above rule is used.

Thank you for bringing this oversight to the rules on our part to our attention.

It is also clear in the rules (2.60 – 2.66) that a jury should be appointed and I will remind North of England CTC and the Regional Committee of this requirement.

Kind regards

Stuart

Back