Missed clay question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

I have a quick Question if anyone can help me with

Had a couple of rounds of Skeet on Thursday,  1 good round, one not so good ;)

On the good round i cleared stand 1, but on stand 2 missed the going away on the pair  

Now i know that i need to use my spare to shoot the clay i missed. but do i throw the pair again, and go for the single target i missed, or just throw the single target?

:santa: :)

Only time you shoot the pair again is a no bird or you kill both birds with the first shot. First bird established.

Only time you shoot the pair again is a no bird or you kill both birds with the first shot. First bird established.
I don't think that is correct. It's just pair again, nothing established. However, if you do it three times, it's scored as killed and lost.

You just shoot a single high to establish the score for your option!

The rules are here. https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/Booklet_7_2013_01(1).pdf

I don't think that is correct. It's just pair again, nothing established. However, if you do it three times, it's scored as killed and lost.
Will you are not quite correct.  The first bird can be established in certain situations.

"5.41 REPEAT DOUBLES: A repeat double will be thrown to establish the results of both targets if:

5.46 Both targets are broken with the first shot. On the third repeated occurrence, the first target will be scored “hit” and the second target “lost”. 

The result of the first shot is established and a repeat double taken to determine the result of the second shot only when:

5.47 The second target emerges broken. 

5.48 The flight of the second target is irregular and is not shot at.

5.54 Pieces from the first target properly shot break the second target before it can be shot."

Latest posts

Back