EJ Churchill ESP reg and SXS comp 6th August 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Entry times are from 10am until 6pm for the ESP reg shoot, so everybody happy! The sxs last entry is 4pm.

No booking required. Should be a good day and busy too!

The last time they did entries 10-6pm,  it had a big entry but never felt busy as the entries were so spread out.

Entry times are from 10am until 6pm for the ESP reg shoot, so everybody happy! The sxs last entry is 4pm.

No booking required. Should be a good day and busy too!
I can't see myself shooting these if the entries started from 12.00, last time it took me 3-1/2 hours to get back because I caught the traffic. Morning start would mean I could easily leave the ground between 12-1.00  :)

It's something to do with summer and winter hours daylight etc.

I don't get it. 9.30 - 15.30 is the same summer or winter. The M25 just stops 16.00 onwards.

It took us once two hours to travel 10 miles to Staines. It's prob more to do with corporate / lessons than to do with daylight.

It's something to do with summer and winter hours daylight etc.

I don't get it. 9.30 - 15.30 is the same summer or winter. The M25 just stops 16.00 onwards.

It took us once two hours to travel 10 miles to Staines. It's prob more to do with corporate / lessons than to do with daylight.
I think they will always hold it later in the day if they can to allow the after-work entries. It's expensive to have 12 scorers there for many extra hours of course.  You can't shoot in enough light if you start after 2.30 in the mid-winter. 

Poping in on our way down to digs for the skeet at bisley,is there likely to be a pool shoot only I may not have time to do the comp. 

Poping in on our way down to digs for the skeet at bisley,is there likely to be a pool shoot only I may not have time to do the comp. 
There used to be, but not in recent years. You could call them and check. Also, being Thursday, they usually have a 50 bird sporting on for £17 from 3pm.

I think they will always hold it later in the day if they can to allow the after-work entries. It's expensive to have 12 scorers there for many extra hours of course.  You can't shoot in enough light if you start after 2.30 in the mid-winter. 
It makes no sense. High Wycombe grinds to a halt from 16.00 when the schools tip out and never recovers the traffic is just terrible. Must put a lot of people off. Those that they gain in the evening they loose in the afternoon, people like Hammy. If you can't get done by 3 you have no chance. 9.30 -15.00 is best time like most other shoots. I don't know any other shoot that starts at 12.00.

A good shoot today. Stand 1 was pretty straightforward then everything else needed your attention. I just wasn't on form and this shoot exposed it! Nothing nasty but all enough to catch me out too often. I never touched the long orange away on the skeet range. 81 was the end result.. Fred Townsend leading on 94 when I left and I am not sure there is much more out there.

Saw lots of faces as usual and the food today was great.

Poped in for lunch but didnt feel like doing the shoot with needing to be fit for skeet tomorrow,the burgers were lovely.

I had a funny round today an average 71.

Didnt shoot anything particularly well or bad, I just dropped 2-3 on most stands which soon add up but I'd rather shoot like that than shoot half the stands scoring 8-10 and the other half as scoring 1-3.

Cant believe that Rosso beat me with his 200 year-old muzzle loader.

Was happy with a 79 but still let some silly birds get away in the first half.

RF and 1 other were showing as HG on 95 when I left but saw Chris Culderhouse coming back from a shootoff. Not sure if he was shooting sxs event though.

Latest posts

Back