Premier league round 4 Bisley

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

What a cracking day to go shooting! The first time I've shot sporting at Bisley and I was impressed with the layout and organisation. Not nearly up to the standard of the West London round but it all ran fairly smoothly.  Odd having coffee served in one 'lounge' and bacon rolls and a few chocolate bars available in another. Expected more given the Bisley name. Must say that the place lacked any soul. A pity considering the background that Bisley has.

i arrived early and got under way pretty quickly. Most stands there was no waiting or only one small group ahead, enough to get a good look at the targets. 3 or 4 stands were facing SouthSoutheast and the sun was a factor but not too badly. 3 and 4 pairs per stand made for a 15 stand round with nothing totally crazy in play. A sim pair half way through was giving everyone a little stick, the second bird just skimming the brush and dropping in just as it needed to be hit, the trap was highly inconsistent with the trajectory varying from easy to hit to almost not worth wasting a shell on! 

By 10:50 I was on stand 15 and there was a queue. Turns out the trap had gone U.S. It took nearly 1/2 an hour to get it sorted by which time there were 10 shooters ahead of me and probably more behind in the queue. Watched the guys ahead of me get a variety of results, only 1 straight, one one ( or was it a blank? ) and everything in between. Stepped into the cage and nailed all 8 In solid hits. With all those eyes burning into ones neck it's a great way to close the day! Only 78/100, disappointing but far, far better than my shooting last week. Need to work on consistency.

Owls Lodge next will close out a good series of shooting from my point of view. Hopefully this becomes a regular feature of the calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave up in the end, queue's were to long for the last stands.

Waited nearly 40 mins at one stand with 2 more stands and an equally long wait at each, time to give in.

Would have taken well over 4 hours to complete the course.

Lovely ground though.

Gave up in the end, queue's were to long for the last stands.

Waited nearly 40 mins at one stand with 2 more stands and an equally long wait at each, time to give in.

Would have taken well over 4 hours to complete the course.

Lovely ground though.
oops! Glad I got in early! Looks like later starters might tell a different story!

Glad I got there first knockings - just a bit of waiting for us but nothing outrageous - approx 2 hrs to shoot.  Enjoyed it and came away with 72/98.  Apparently some shot 100, we shot 98 so two bird apparently removed for those that shot 8 on stand 4.  Phew because I got 6/6 and you can bet had it been 8 I would have missed the last 2!  Very pleased with stand 5 because it was a high driven which I hate - managed to get the first two pairs, smashing the driven but then missed the last pair!

Oh goodee! I shot 100 including 4 pr on stand 4 and I dropped a few there!

edit > Gadzooks! I got a straight on 4, it was 5 that I screwed up completely ( 2! ) ! Down to 76 / 98, tied 4th with 4 others.  :(

I should have straighted 1 - I smoked the first 4 and then threw 2 away. Even the ref asked 'What the hell happened?'

Similar mistakes on 3 and 5, an easy 6 dropped in all without which would have delivered a very respectable 82 which I'd have been a lot happier with. 

I need a coach who can fix those silly dropped ones! I'm reading the birds OK and putting the lead in the right place to start. It's usually the last couple of targets that I start to screw up on!

90/100 until it got downgraded to 88/98. Went well until I missed 4 on the sim r-l pair where there really wasn't time.. I did get to meet Donna from here though. ?

Looking at the scores, if I did have time to finish I could have put in a good score in B class.

Dropped 16 with 2 stands to go.

Will, it's was very nice meeting you too.  3 of us shot and we started about 10.30 and didn't finish until about 2.15 but it was an enjoyable day shooting.  Shot 2 stands REALLY bad but picked up on the others and ended up on 70 which I was fairly pleased with as I've never shot at Bisley before and didn't know what to expect.  Just keep thinking if I had shot those 2 stands a bit better I could have ended up 75 ish which I would have been over the moon with.  I also thought the free bottles of water was a lovely idea.  I always take a few bottles with me but it was quite hot so the extra bottle came in handy, especially for the dog!!  :)

Started & finished almost identical time to Donna. Missed stands 1 & 2 out as queues. Very little waiting until 14 & 15. Then a few waits on the way back and 20+ waiting on 2. I had no horror stands just dropped silly 1's and 2's to end up on 78 so was fairly happy with that.

I think they had about 350 entries so quite a step up from the previous 4 rounds.

Water was a nice touch. They learnt from last year when it was also hot and no drinks out on the course.

Ok so I got a 77 with this score change for stand 4. Luckily for me I dropped 1 of the last pair on 4. Got me joint 9th in B class. More happy with that score know I have seen high gun was GD on 94.

I ended up on 73/98 which was ok, messed up on the R-L sim pair (only got 2) then just dropped the odd one here and there.

My K is in for a repair. So used Remmie skeet gun. Hit 70 which was then made 68 as it was a 98 bird shoot !!! 50 year old technology 25" barrel, I now know when the Mrs says it would be nice to have an extra 7". It only jammed 15 times. Ok after I gave it an in shoot service. Took it in the bushes ( where trap shooters lurk ) and gave it a pasting. Well new washers anyway. 

My K is in for a repair. So used Remmie skeet gun. Hit 70 which was then made 68 as it was a 98 bird shoot !!! 50 year old technology 25" barrel, I now know when the Mrs says it would be nice to have an extra 7". It only jammed 15 times. Ok after I gave it an in shoot service. Took it in the bushes ( where trap shooters lurk ) and gave it a pasting. Well new washers anyway. 
Karma?    :taunt:

Back