Cheddite drago cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stolly27

been shooting tonight and my friend I was shooting with had just bought 250 of cheddite drago cartridges.does anyone have any reviews of them or they any good? or are they heavy on recoil would appreciate any feed back.

hahah they seemed to work well for my friend but I was a bit unsure of the as I havent ever herd of them or known of anyone useing them. i might buy a slab and see how it goes

Used the Drago Skeet which was a very good cartridge unfortunately just not available in Essex without paying their weight in carriage!

thanks for the feed back on this i know what you mean black star our local gun shop has only just started stocking cheddite and at a really good price so i think i will give them ago does anyone now the velocity of them?

I know the Drago skeet were around 1350fps I image as the the Universal trap and Trap Oro the Drago sporting would be a tad faster!

hi blackstar

I was going to get some this weekend but I herd on her that cheddites 7 and halfs are only a uk 7 in shot size and the gun shop only stock 7 and halfs so I was a bit worried if these would be ok for sporting clays?

UK 7s are fine for sporting will hit clays pretty hard. I think and I'm sure a few people will correct or confirm on here but the gamebore range of 7.5 are actually UK7s by all accounts. The Cheddite range are a good bet if you can get them locally at a keen price certainly better known in certain parts of the country. They do print the shot sizes in millimetres on the box and cartridge so for future reference UK7.5 is 2.3mm and UK7 is 2.4mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note - any Drago trap loads are leftovers (Drago trap line is discontinued and replaced by Smart strike). There are still skeet loads produced tho.

UK 7s are fine for sporting will hit clays pretty hard. I think and I'm sure a few people will correct or confirm on here but the gamebore range of 7.5 are actually UK7s by all accounts. The Cheddite range are a good bet if you can get them locally at a keen price certainly better known in certain parts of the country. They do print the shot sizes in millimetres on the box and cartridge so for future reference UK7.5 is 2.3mm and UK7 is 2.4mm
Thanks for that BlackStar.

I shoot a number of Cheddite carts. My wife uses Universal trap 21gr with good results, I use Drago skeet, Trap ORO both 24gr and just been trying the new Sporting which seem decent. I can assure you that the the Trap ORO 24gr will smash OT targets edge on, they will take care of sporting if that is what you want.

Beverley CTC sell the range of Cheddite cartridges so why not pop up there and try them out.

Here are the speeds

Trap ORO  24gr = 1335fps     28gr = 1286fps

Mach3 HV   24gr = 1426fps    28gr = 1394fps

Smart Strike  24gr = 1311fps  28gr = 1262fps

Sporting      28gr = 1295fps

hope that helps

Phil

It is not suppose to be the matter of this thread but (it was laying on my chest since this thread started) - just a humble try to give you a comparison to one of your major brands since I have shot both most of the time for two years...thoughts are coming randomly so I may add some latter...

In my case - I have my closest distributor 100km away so I have to plan my purchase in advance  - luckily I have some friends with good boar hunting in the vicinty so it is all down to time management. In the meantime I was (am) tied to Hull provider nearby that is luring me with good selling policy. After using both  - and my first pick dates back when I was using my fixed choked B Trap Ultra and the Free Shots were the revelation for my sporting use - I'd be hard pressed to pick one above other...However - my 2c:

Trap

Cheddite Oro...this is a true Olimpc stuff - I haven't found comparison for 1st + 2nd shot "does it all" among Hull's - Parcour is great (superior to Cheddite) for 2nd shot but too Rough for 1st one = Pro One DTL

Universal trap = Intercomp HV

Sporting

Mach 3 Free Shot in #8 is my go-to load. After a lot of testing - since almost all loads perform superb at +-30m, II am testing loads at 20 and 40m respectively -  this load is best compromise between those distances...

Mach 3 = Hull Parcour

*Hull Parcour in 8 (UK) is becoming my dearest one - even on trap field - it is hard to believe what this load can do through some pretty lose Teague chokes at 40m +...

Cheddite is 1st class "stuff" (by all means on par with other italians like RC, Clever, Fiocchi...). They are humble in their promotions however many major brands load their components - so whenever you can find them at good price get them.

Latest posts

Back