Muller Chokes?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.Deaville

Hi,

I want to buy some muller Chokes for my new Blaser. I remember the owner being on here?

Cheers

I'm sure that the Briley chokes which come with the gun will give good patterns, mine do :)

How does one steal tube insert perform better than another ?

How does one steal tube insert perform better than another ?
Guess it would be difficult to know without testing various types of choke tube with different Ammo on a pattern plate but i do believe an awful lot comes down to the confidence factor.

shaun

yes confidence in anything justifiable or not means a lot BUT its a steal insert thing its not rocket science what can you do to improve a steal insert thiing.

hope Mr Johnson hasn't got after market things or he will be along to tell me I am an arrse talking pish. So let's hope he has just for the fun of it :)

shaun

yes confidence in anything justifiable or not means a lot BUT its a steal insert thing its not rocket science what can you do to improve a steal insert thiing.

hope Mr Johnson hasn't got after market things or he will be along to tell me I am an arrse talking pish. So let's hope he has just for the fun of it
shootclay_smile.png
you at least know your an arse talking pish...

Mullers are not steal, they weigh much less than steal, that in turn will affect balance and handling. As for patterns, the beretta HP chokes in my gun throw exellent but on the tight side patterns, as do Briely chokes. 

I've been using Mullers in my Berettas for years and really like them. I've just bought some for my Blaser F3 but haven't tried them yet.

One of the key differences between Mullers and normal stainless steel chokes is weight, they are typically half the weight which tends to make the gun balance a little differently and more pointy (depends on gun and user as whether this is a good thing). They are ceramic coated so they are easy to clean too. Muller claim all sorts of pattern advantages but being a bit cynical I not sure how they can guarantee their advantages given the massive number of combinations of guns, bore sizes, choke lengths, cartridges and so on.

I've never done a proper pattern comparison but the breaks I'm getting seem to indicate that they pattern a bit better than the standard Beretta optima HP chokes with my gun (692) and cartridges and they were good on my 682 too.

I've got Teagues in my Blaser which are giving me great breaks, it will be interesting to see how the Mullers compare and how/if they change the handling of the gun.

ATB Mark

Mullers are not steal, they weigh much less than steal, that in turn will affect balance and handling. As for patterns, the beretta HP chokes in my gun throw exellent but on the tight side patterns, as do Briely chokes. 
All depends, I shot Mullers for a while and whilst I agree they feel incredibly light when held in the hand the handling and balance difference for me wasn't life changing, in fact I would have to be on best form to be able to tell between them and flush Brileys with a blindfold which I also don't think throw particularly tight, certainly not in HP league anyway. 

All depends, I shot Mullers for a while and whilst I agree they feel incredibly light when held in the hand the handling and balance difference for me wasn't life changing, in fact I would have to be on best form to be able to tell between them and flush Brileys with a blindfold which I also don't think throw particularly tight, certainly not in HP league anyway. 
...that would be because "flush fit" are considerably lighter than extended chokes...

I shoot with a guy who has a Krieghoff Pacours with Briley flush chokes. His breaks with 1/4 choke are heavy, his breaks with 1/2 choke are devastating. Everyone I've seen shooting F3's are getting heavy breaks with Briley spectrum, 1/2 choke is particularly dense!!!

...that would be because "flush fit" are considerably lighter than extended chokes...

I shoot with a guy who has a Krieghoff Pacours with Briley flush chokes. His breaks with 1/4 choke are heavy, his breaks with 1/2 choke are devastating. Everyone I've seen shooting F3's are getting heavy breaks with Briley spectrum, 1/2 choke is particularly dense!!!
Have noticed that James when shooting with guys with a Krieghoff balls of dust especially when shooting tight chokes would guess the bore configuration has a great deal to do with it, Choke tube patterns seem to vary greatly from gun to gun.

I have no experience of Spectrum Brileys but a well placed 1/2 anything will give awesome breaks on all but hard going away 40 yarders. 

Beretta Opima 1/4 chokes hit harder than they should too but the same doesn't seem to apply to their half or 3/4 ?!

a accurate measurement   is just that  !    so how can  one choke  be different to another  ?  as regards balance  - weight     , well all I can say is  you boys that can tell  must be sensitive souls       :baby:  

Latest posts

Back