new velocity plus

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Anyone else had a go with the new gamebore velocity plus. Picked up 500 yesterday, very good price indeed, even cheaper than the last ones. Also made them a lot smoother, a lot better to shoot. Rebranded the box and the cases, all in all a very good little cartridge, will be moving from hull superfast back to velocity plus now. Think these should sell well.

1410 FPS in 7.5's only ............different!
I bought 1000 fibres today. Won't get a chance to shoot them for a while, but they come recommended. I like the old ones. EJC have fibre and plas for £160 and £150!

That's pretty much the same as I paid, I paid £76 for 500 plas wad. I wasn't as keen on the old ones as I felt they were a little thumpy and agricultural, but these new ones seem to be a lot nicer to shoot.

That's pretty much the same as I paid, I paid £76 for 500 plas wad. I wasn't as keen on the old ones as I felt they were a little thumpy and agricultural, but these new ones seem to be a lot nicer to shoot.
It all sounds promising! I loved the old ones and thought they were better than Evos. If this is an upgrade.. Mega product.

Anyone else had a go with the new gamebore velocity plus. Picked up 500 yesterday, very good price indeed, even cheaper than the last ones. Also made them a lot smoother, a lot better to shoot. Rebranded the box and the cases, all in all a very good little cartridge, will be moving from hull superfast back to velocity plus now. Think these should sell well.
Once the country store coleshill has got rid of the old stock they are having them in, they did say it was only the packaging that was changing not the cartridge?

look forward to slab tho!

The powder is changing, Gamebore are giving the dealers £5/1000 off the price for a ltd time...

It all sounds promising! I loved the old ones and thought they were better than Evos. If this is an upgrade.. Mega product.
I bought 3000 plays wads from EJC on Saturday and shot 200 of them tonight.  I was really impressed, got some really good kills with not much noticeable recoil.

Im shooting lots at the moment so I've had to drop down from the Hellfires which are fantastic but not so fantastic on my pocket at £235 a thousand.

I will have used my Evo`s up in the next week or so, then I will buy a slab to try !

28g 7.5 is all you need for most regualr shoots, I would guess its the most common bought cartridge. 

ATB

Matt

I bought 3000 plays wads from EJC on Saturday and shot 200 of them tonight.  I was really impressed, got some really good kills with not much noticeable recoil.

Im shooting lots at the moment so I've had to drop down from the Hellfires which are fantastic but not so fantastic on my pocket at £235 a thousand.
Even with a favourable special deal offered, I could not make sense of using the Hellfires, price wise. How does the recoil compare between them and the new velocity?

Even with a favourable special deal offered, I could not make sense of using the Hellfires, price wise. How does the recoil compare between them and the new velocity?
I couldn't tell the difference to be honest Will.  I use a fairly heavy gun which fits plus there is a lot of me to soak up any recoil.

I shot 200 last night and I've got no effects today. They broke the long loopers that they had on the sport-trap and the pit no problem.

Have you shot the Hellfires?  

Sussex guns has the new velocity in stock so I am ordering 7k fibres for  our small shoot.  
I always thought the old ones had a kick like a mule.  I'll stick with bringing power blues along. Must see if Jeremy has re-stocked, we had the last of his last time we were there.

I couldn't tell the difference to be honest Will.  I use a fairly heavy gun which fits plus there is a lot of me to soak up any recoil.

I shot 200 last night and I've got no effects today. They broke the long loopers that they had on the sport-trap and the pit no problem.

Have you shot the Hellfires?  
I haven't shot them. I didn't want to learn to like them! I know that high quality cartridges don't break clays better, (than the best of the cheaper ones) they usually just feel smoother.

I haven't shot them. I didn't want to learn to like them! I know that high quality cartridges don't break clays better, (than the best of the cheaper ones) they usually just feel smoother.
They are really nice to shoot with, I don't think I've shot such a hard hitting cartridge either.  Sadly they come with a high £££ tag.

You can try a few if you are at Southdown on Sunday? 

I have just shot the new velocity fibre back to back with the old ones. Recoil is identical to me, using one of each in sim pairs. But I liked the old ones so no problem. Haven't tried the plas wads. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just picked up 500 before the price goes up so that's good to hear. I've shot them through my SP1 Sporter for the last couple of years and have never felt them to kick that much.

Shot 100 tonight thought they were nice through CG Maxum 32"

good breaks at distance through 1/4 1/4 chokes, recoil was nothing to write about shot 25 skeet, 25 DLT, 25 OT, 25 Sporting compact.

nice cartridge, recoil not bad, good breaks even at range with 1/4 chokes, I'm going to shoot these in plastic for now.

Shooting 75 fibre Sunday will keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back