Fiocchi F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

Picked up a mixed thousand (£194) of these on our way to the Sportasc on Saturday.

We liked them, no noticable recoil through the HPX's. The 7.5's coped very well with Steve's big targets if you were on them.

I believe the reds were used in Dubai but in orange.

I would like to hear if any of you have tested the three and use one or all three as your choice of cartridge and whether or not anyone prefers them to the FBlack's or FBlu's.

Cheers

P1000430.JPG

I bought a slab of the reds and used them at the Classic a couple of weeks back, the recoil seemed about the same as Fblacks, the guy I got mine from said some people had complained that they were 'thumpy' in the shoulder though I couldn't agree with that -  I'm going to buy some more for sure.

Hmmmmmn............all very quiet, supply maybe a contributing factor, can't find em in Sussex.........maybe the South in general?

Also struggling online to find any detailed info on all three...........yes Will, I believe that there is some spreading technology built in!

Richard Atkins reviewed the F3 Bior earlier in the year for Clay Shooting magazine and was full of praise for the new shell.

Seems that they fit in between the FBlacks & Official Sporting............too much of a "sweet shop" maybe?

Gonna do my own test and I'll report back soon..........

Simbo, are you doing the Bisley Pem League shoot? If so let me have a couple of F3 Pistons and I'll pattern them. ??

Not sure at the mo but I'll give some to Ian Molesworth next week and he can pass them onto you.

Cheers.........

F3 bior wad = Clever bior wad that's been about for years...

http://www.clevervr.com/en/competition-loads/t2-compak

This shotshell is specially created for Sporting competitions; gives its best between 30 and 45 metres.
The unique “Sporting” wad allows to maintain a half-open pattern till 45 metres. For this peculiarity it’s suitable for all types of competition and target.

Even allowing for a little bit of lost in translation, what the hell does that lot mean ?  :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Shot the F3 at the Sportasc shoot last week thought they were a great shell for the money performed well on all targets with some good breaks on the long stuff too never found them punchy although very few shells do to me will defo be using again prob next purchase, Also used some piston wads last year that were kindly donated By Martin from West London although another brand same idea great for the close range. Oddly i usually stick with one shell fits all but i do believe a range of different shells for different targets may add that all important extra clay from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I found the F3's a bit punchy and deffo prefer FBlacks.  With the euro being weak they may even get cheaper.
shootclay_laugh.png

...with the Euro being weak it might balance the €300/tonne lead price rise!!!

Gonna do my own test and I'll report back soon..........
And the winner is.................?

Filled our pockets today at Southdown and Northall with the green, red and blue (deja vu.......ikea.......cocktail lounge!) F3 Fiocchi's.

Having fixed half n half  chokes I believe in having a choice of two shells for sporting, three being over the top rather.

1st place..........Piston Wad blue 8.5.........smooth as silk with superb kills.

2nd place.........F3 red.........packs a real punch (without thumping) on the rangier/edge on targets.

3rd place.........Bior green........ok and I don't know why but they just didn't fill us with confidence.

So there you have it............for every 1000 ordered we will probably have 3 x Piston 8.5 slabs and 1x F3 7.5 (all Italian sizes). Who knows, after a time we may just be tempted to use one size fits all...........if so, Fiocchi Piston Wad 8.5 it'll be. :wub:

I would still like to hear from any of you using one or all three of the F3's and whether or not you agree with my top three placing's!

All comments and criticisms gladly accepted......... :p

Well...............it has been raining all day!

And before you ask...............no I didn't. :p

P1000547.JPG

I'm carrying the piston wads until Hull produce something similar. Soon I hope  

A cracking shell to have in the bag. 

Tried the red F3 after becoming a firm fan of the F Black/Blue. I've found it to be an excellent shell, especially at distance through my MX12 choked at 5/8 and 7/8. Unfortunately like its predecessors it does tend to pattern a little tight but then most things do with that choking. Got hold of the green F3s, hoping that they would perhaps be a little looser and the breaks just didn't imbue me with the same confidence I'm afraid. 

Now recently purchased 2000 blue F3 and these are a very good cartridge. Good kills in the Perazzi, smooth and very clean. Been deliberating over a change of gun and picked up a Blaser Supersport  on Wednesday. Took it to the pattern plate with some of the blues, choked with 1/2 and 3/4 straight out of the box. 

The 3/4 choke pattern was ridiculously tight at 25yards, probably no more than 10 inches across. No flyers, nothing. Impressive to look at, practically useless in the real world at  that range though. Whereas the 1/2 choke pattern was superb. Moved back to 35 yards and the 1/2 choke was still fantastically uniform, you couldn't wish for better.

Swapped the tighter choke for 1/4 and went and had a play. This is a nice shell, not sure about any claims with regards to the wad. Doesn't appear to throw a wider pattern than any other, certainly not where a more restrictive choke is concerned. 

Basically I agree with Simbo completely. Blue appears to have the edge unless you're talking about the really long stuff and the Green just doesn't appear to be in the same league.

Best regards

I'm carrying the piston wads until Hull produce something similar. Soon I hope  

A cracking shell to have in the bag. 
Hull already do a Pro One 8.5 Piston wad!? Been around for over a year! Or rather I've been using them for that long at least!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back