CPSA reg shoots and Green Fees.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

A friend of mine went to a registered skeet shoot today.

The charges for 100 skeet were - £28 birds only, £36 comp + £5 green fee. He paid £41 for a 100 skeet.

They even had to score and button for each other's squads.

Are green fees chargeable at CPSA reg shoots ?

Compare the above fees to the Classic. 150 birds, £85 entry, £38000 prize fund, 28 stands.

Skeet where he went 2 traps, no scorers / refs. Is this a joke or what, not much promoting our sport going on here.

Not sure if it's against any rules but it's a bit tight.

I was looking at the West London website last week and they charge corkage for using your own cartridges, could you imagine if they had tried to do that last Saturday?

Normal charges in most places for 100 skeet is £30 Birds only or £35 Comp. Refs provided,

WTF is a Green Fee?

Your mate was done big time!

It's a fee payable if your not a member.
Ah, get it, like golf.

I was always of the understanding that being a CPSA member give you eligibility to shoot at any registered shoot whether your a member of the hosting ground or not.

Ah, get it, like golf.

I was always of the understanding that being a CPSA member give you eligibility to shoot at any registered shoot whether your a member of the hosting ground  or not.
I also thought the same. Registered shoots are open events.  It should be brought to the attention of the CPSA.

As for practice alot of grounds have a cost per round/clay for non members and a discounted  one for members which is fair enough and benefits both ground and punter.  

The term green fees and corkage is all a bit Bertie Wooster and 1930s for me, but perahps it appeals to some. Wot wot!!!

corkage . ... Green fees. ..

my word whatever next. Is anyone actually stupid enough to pay these ludicrous charges ?

According to the CPSA rule book number 5 - 1.4 ENTRY FEES & PRIZES

"At all County, Regional and National Championships not organised by CPSA Head Office, the same entry fee will apply to all participants. Grounds are not permitted to charge ‘green fees’ to non club members, nor to give their own members any discount. Any levies applied by official County or Regional Committees must be charged to all entrants."

However ground owners are not going upset their own members and the CPSA are not going to upset ground owners so dont expect any complaint  to make them adhere to the rule anytime soon.

The same problem happens at county championships or selection shoots, people out of county do not want to pay the levies for a county they are not in and the ground owner is not going to turn them away so that one is often overlooked as well... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the CPSA's rules count for little when businesses are struggling to make ends meet. 

In in my experience, more than a few grounds are happy to let non members shoot registered events or shoot them on a 'practice' basis and I can understand that. When there's paying punters at the counter it's difficult to impose conditions knowing they may walk away. 

Just another case of grabbing as much cash as they can, it happens in every walk of life these days, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.

According to the CPSA rule book number 5 - 1.4 ENTRY FEES & PRIZES

"At all County, Regional and National Championships not organised by CPSA Head Office, the same entry fee will apply to all participants. Grounds are not permitted to charge ‘green fees’ to non club members, nor to give their own members any discount. Any levies applied by official County or Regional Committees must be charged to all entrants."

However ground owners are not going upset their own members and the CPSA are not going to upset ground owners so dont expect any complaint  to make them adhere to the rule anytime soon.

The same problem happens at county championships or selection shoots, people out of county do not want to pay the levies for a county they are not in and the ground owner is not going to turn them away so that one is often overlooked as well... 
So if it is organised by the CPSA they can charge a green fee. Well that's a crystal clear rule.

" I want them dead, I want their family dead, I want their house burnt to the ground, I want to go there at midnight and pi$$ on their ashes!!"

or, I might just not use them either! ? 

(de Nero in Capone )

Latest posts

Back