Bywel DTL weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

oops, I took a funny turn last night and seem to have inadvertently booked onto the DTL thing ??

I know mate BUT the Bywel weekend DTL is a great shoot 400+ shooters. I still remember the first time I went in 86 I know its DTL but a change is sometimes enjoyable and be nice to see some old friends from around the UK that I don't see much of these days.

look out for a bloke being dragged about by a golden cocker spaniel, be good to say hello. Or if you are in the current anti ips brigade you may prefer to avoid in case you are sent to Coventry by the forum police. I will of course refrain from any humour whatsoever ;)

look fwd to meeting you. Good luck shoot well.

Ian DTL is a piece of piss if it is a two hundred target shoot I expect you will shoot 595++... well that is what I have been told :)  all the best to those who shoot it anyway! Maybe you should shoot 21g sub Sonic's to make it a bit more of a challenge ?

edit

just to say the above is a comic reply to a previous post on DTL being easy. Although I have never shot DTL I know it is not an easy discipline to win at!

Last edited by a moderator:
pmsl.

john I haven't shot dtl for 18 mths and not shot 200 targets in prob four years so if I shoot 595 I will take it up full time again. Most of us started on dtl and it does have a place in my heart and they are good bunch in fact its the only discipline I ever made top class in AA ooh. Dtl is easy peezy they say. I will let you know in 16 days.

pmsl.

john I haven't shot dtl for 18 mths and not shot 200 targets in prob four years so if I shoot 595 I will take it up full time again. Most of us started on dtl and it does have a place in my heart and they are good bunch in fact its the only discipline I ever made top class in AA ooh. Dtl is easy peezy they say. I will let you know in 16 days.
​I suppose its one step better than watching paint dry shooting DTL , if your not doing any home improvements you might as well shoot DTL :lol:  

philistine:)

have to have a go tomorrow Dave see if we can hit ten of the beggers :)

Ok Ian, what's going on? Have they changed your medication again? Next thing you will be using a Krieghoff !!! :wink:

les

fancy a change and bywel weekend is a great shoot. You should come mate you would not look out of place as they all use them Germanic things :)

les

fancy a change and bywel weekend is a great shoot. You should come mate you would not look out of place as they all use them Germanic things :)
​Ah....panzer guns! They get everywhere these days mate, even on OT layouts!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_get-attachment.jpg

one week to go. Shot dtl practice yesterday thought I better had as not shot dtl for nearly two years and prob only 200 in last three. I got to fifth target and realised I was now on peg five. Oops.

strangely addictive as constantly striving for perfect score anyway managed 4x24 with one sometimes two second barrels so reasonably happy but must do better.

put 4mm comb raiser on std 10 as I prefer higher comb for this than I do for ot and having lost one stone since having dog and now having the body of an Adonis (yes its true .....not) none of my guns seem to feel right at the moment.

really looking fwd to bywel now but very worried about my debit card as they have a 292x trap in stock .... Perfect dtl gun by the look of it.

edit

used 24g of course and wondered why anyone uses 28 for dtl as targets are no were fast so cant see the point in fact 21g would do the job I reckon. What I really need is 24g English 8s just to open pattern a bit ?

They also have a rather nice DT10EELL on the rack - I shoot DTL with 24g all the time ;)  

Latest posts

Back