Caesar Guerini vs Beretta

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

I currently shoot a Beretta 686E. Nothing really wrong with it but I am having my head turned by A Caesar Guerini by a friend setting up a Gun Room. Just want some thoughts on the CG guns.

Try one! 

Go to one of their demo days they have on, and see if you like they way they shoot.

CG are becoming more popular, and more common at the shoots I've been to in the last year. I love mine. I also have a Beretta and in my opinion, I find that they have similar handling characteristics. 

Ultimately, it's personal choice. But I think you get a lot for your money with CG (nice wood, etc). Of course I'm probably biased....

I am liking the look of the CGs. Will see what they feel like and if a deal can be done. I know all guns have issues but some are worse than others. Was wondering if lots of people have issues with CG guns.

As Will is worried about this being a short thread maybe I should ask a further question. What cartridge patterns well through a CG? :wink:

I started off with Beretta and didn't realise what I was missing (apart from lots of clays) till I tried a Caesar Guerini...

So much gun for your money....pretty too...and I love mine

I have tried a Beretta again recently and can honestly say it felt awful....am never going back ...

But I am probably biased too.... :kiss:

It really is down to the individual gun of course. Fit, balance and familiarity is available in potentially any make..

Complete personal taste I would say, and make sure you get the chance to shoot your shortlist back to back.....I changed my gun in February (had a Browning B425 for many many years) and got my shortlist down to the CG Summit Ascent Sporting v Beretta 692......I was adamant it was going to the CG, very pretty looking gun, I wanted a black action and was determined to move away from the two big B's......

Guess what, I got to shoot my Browning, the CG and 692 back to back, all at the same targets (was a compact sporting stand at a demo day at Mendip Shooting Ground).....once I shot the 692 I just couldn't put it down and my mind was made up......for me, the CG is the better value for money gun and looks better, but it just didn't handle or feel as well balanced as the 692.....

Look forward to hearing what you settle on....

My two peneth 

Cg Lot Of Gun For the money some models very pretty indeed. Build quality not Beretta having said that Beretta quality imo is not what it was so gap getting ever smaller.  

If I was starting out again I would give serious thought to a Cg even though I hate anson for end release button thing but that's just me. Cg or Beretta either prob a good buy and either are way prettier than any jap Belgium or German stuff. 

To conclude

Beretta good

Cg getting good

M stuff is for farmers 

B Stuff Is For Posh farmers

Kg stuff is for folk with no taste

P stuff is for folk who like labels

Ke stuff is for folk with lots of taste

All other stuff is artisan for the discerning folk with big money. 

I have both a Beretta DT10 and a CG summit ascent, I am shooting the CG all the time at the moment but that's just personal preference and you might prefer the Beretta.

The choke patterns seem a bit tighter on the CG compared to the Beretta, but if you don't bother what is written on the side and just use what you are happy with they both give great breaks.

With the CG I got 8 chokes, a decent adjustable stock  and a 10 year warranty so theoretically I have bought 10 years without spending on the gun.

The quality seems comparable to my DT but the DT is a few years old and the CG only a few months so I wouldn't expect any issues on the CG at the moment.

I love my DT10 but the new Beretta range left me cold so went for something different over the DT 10 and glad I did.

It's too new for me to compare longevity against the Beretta, but just going off the registered scores   I am averaging about 80 with a high of 88 and a low of 77 not bad for a gun I have only had for a few months and still learning to shoot it. 

My two peneth 

Cg Lot Of Gun For the money some models very pretty indeed. Build quality not Beretta having said that Beretta quality imo is not what it was so gap getting ever smaller.  

If I was starting out again I would give serious thought to a Cg even though I hate anson for end release button thing but that's just me. Cg or Beretta either prob a good buy and either are way prettier than any jap Belgium or German stuff. 

To conclude

Beretta good

Cg getting good

M stuff is for farmers 

I've got a remmy a zabala and a verney carron.  When does the big money start ?

It's personal taste. 

I started clay shooting with Berettas. Lots of them. 

But they never worked for me, nothing wrong with them. 

I bought a Miroku 6000 with an adjustable stock and that worked for a while.

I then won a CG at Richard and Tanya's place which lead me to my current gun. It's a Summit Ascent which I had fitted my a local stocker. 

A whole raft of things in the last year and half have lead to higher scores and better consistency. One of them is the gun for sure  

I rate Caesar Geurini very highly, ten year warranty gives me every peace of mind I need. Can't see me shooting any other brands for a while. 

(With refernce to Anglo's web site that is being attended to and will be renewed very shortly.)

OK so they have a bit of a following and it seems positive. I realise it's a personal thing and more to do with fit and feel, I was more trying to see if they were hated with lots of issues. I imagine if I was asking about something like a Franchi there would be very few positive comments about them, so it is pleasing to see that CG have, so far, a positive air about them. It's unlikely I will swap the Beretta for a CG but it's nice to know if I did it is an equal move and not a drop down.

Anyone near Bath on Saturday there's a new gun shop opening at Wadswick Country Store.

My two peneth 

To conclude

Beretta good

Cg getting good

M stuff is for farmers 

​Here we go......yet another flippin list!!! :D

I have been shooting a CG summit ascent for about a year now after 15+ years with Berettas, there have been no issues with the gun at all and i was shooting my average scores after a couple of rounds with it. The action is more workman like than a Beretta, but its seems solidly made and you get a wider choice of rib styles and finish for your money compared to Beretta. The only negative i can find is that the chokes get a lot dirtier especially around the outside where they seat in the barrels. 

Latest posts

Back