decent fibre wad?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

Any recomendations for a 28g fibre wad? We normally shoot Express HV as the recoil is low for a 28g, but the fibre version feels a lot more punchy. We only need 50 for a comp so not too bothered about price. Never really found one we like using, seems like fibre and modern barrels were not made for each other..

I've been using Hull Superfasts in 27g and I'm really happy with them.  Some people say they're punchy but I've never noticed them to be any different from other cartridges.  If I was only buying 50 I'd go for Hull Pro Fiber's just to see if they are worth £7.50 a box.

I've been using Hull Superfasts in 27g and I'm really happy with them.  Some people say they're punchy but I've never noticed them to be any different from other cartridges.  If I was only buying 50 I'd go for Hull Pro Fiber's just to see if they are worth £7.50 a box.
​Agree. I've heard this 'punchy' comment a few times but haven't noticed this at all when shooting.

I fired two Hull super fast and that was enough. Horrible. If you want low recoil, try the Pro Fibre. I used the 24g version the other day at a registered shoot. They were excellent in all respects and very soft on the shoulder indeed. Otherwise, my usual all-rounder is Gamebore Velocity but they have more kick.

I've been using the Nobel primas for the last four years with no problems 

some people say there punchy 

I've just restocked with some primas some fiochi f blacks and some sovereigns 

our straw balers are coming thick and fast now so will report back shortly 

I think the recoil issue will affect everbody differently so probably a case of try 

a few makes see which kills best through your gun and doesn't kick too much 

I've used Cheddite Universal Trap 28gm fibres and found them to be pretty good. IMHO there was no appreciable recoil.

Eley VIP sporting for me. As mentioned before though it's what feels right to you through your gun. I did try a slab of Black Gold fibre after being quite impressed with the plastic wads but had a pounding headache after my local 60 bird shoot, some serious recoil there. I'm not sure if/how the Gordon recoil system actually works but if it does work at all I'd not like to shoot them without it!.

Hull Pro Fibre it is, picked up 250, will let you know how we get on. We did 450 at a sim game shoot recently, 21 gram so not a fair comparison, but they were clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not a shell out there that can beat gamebore black gold fibre, there better than a lot of plastic wads !  :angel:

I think that you will find that an Express Supreme will perform better than many fibre shells .

Latest posts

Back