Black Gold Dark Storm Compertition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berkshire Breaker

Any idea how much the new Black Gold Dark Storm Compertition 28gr Plas wad 1550 fps cartridges that are being release 01/05/15 will cost per 1000?

I'm guessing they are being released to rival the Sovereign Parcours Extreme Rage load which I had been using, until I switched to the Black Gold f2 a few months ago.

Hoping the prices will be around the £240-250 mark and not as much as the game version of Dark Storm which I used last game season.

I would imagine that they will be slightly more expensive than Black Gold F2 competition cartridges.  As you said between £240-250.  

I'm hoping so. As the game ones range from £300 - £400 per 1000 which is ok for a few for game but the amount I get through on clays, I'd have to sell my house .

Of the really expensive shells I have tried, they usually do one of two things for the extra £80 over my regular shells. They are either particularly loud and thumpy, or they can be very smooth. Either way, the effect on clays is the same as the cheaper ones but would cost me another £1000 per year. I'm not saying don't buy top priced shells if you can find a reason (real or imagined) but I just can't see it for myself.. Sorry, I know we have covered this previously. 

I just shoot well with the black gold. I shoot cheaper velocity or evo in practice. Then step up to Black Gold for comps.

I like all of the Gamebore range. Just have the most confidence in black gold for the real long targets.

I think just knowing I'm shooting them adds clays to my score.

Not for everyone. I used the 28g 6's on partridges and the new wool wad 32g 5's on pheasants.  Loved them both,  so just hoping I like the new shells as much :-D

Slightly off topic.. Does anyone know where I could get gamebore White gold in 24g 7 or 7 _1/2  not seen them about for ages. I thought they wre a very good cartridge at the price for the ISSF disciplines.

I've always found gamebore carts good. However it seems difficult to get them in the north west unless you pay over the odds at places that don't have a big cartridge turnover. 

Black Gold Dark Storm clay load £240.00 per thousand! Available in 6, 7.5 and 8's as far as I have physically seen!

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt it I hear you may need to pay extra for the carts to be in a cardboard box! Gord knows how much you have to add for printing on each box!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was given 250 of these in 6.5 to try.

These don't have the Gordon Recoil system but actually found them much smoother than the Black Gold f2.

Very good kills as you'd expect for a Black Gold cartridge.

Think these will be my new compertition load. Will still practice with the EVO'S though.

Latest posts

Back