Does anyone know No.1topdog?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Lawrence

Following on from the missing Nicola thread there were a couple of mentions of No.1topdog. Mike's the one that encouraged me to join this forum and was helping a group of us Game Shooters to break into the local clay shoots with the benefit of his knowledge. He hasn't been seen since March by any of us that he was coaching and he hasn't been up to help on the shoot either, which is out of character for him. I know he had some health problems towards the end of last year but I thought he was all fixed from that. I tried a search on here and found no record of him posting, so have I missed something or have I joined the wrong forum?

No you have not joined the wrong forum and I am now worried too.  Perhaps someone can shed some light.

No1.TopDog has left the forum.   I can't comment on anymore than that. 

Im sorry to hear that and if anyone is in contact with him please pass on my best wishes.

Ahh Bollox... I was going to contact him for advice on visiting a good  cornish trap ground when I go there in the summer.

It seems to be a trend that a lot of people who actually know or do stuff are either leaving or not posting anymore.. 

He is well but as admin says he is having a break and I too cannot comment further. 

What a shame!

One of the most entertaining posters we had and a nice guy!

He pointed me to some local shoots and I had the pleasure to meet him and he was as nice in the flesh as he was on here!

Thanks for the replies Ladies and Gentlemen. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for him and post again if I track him down. Good to know he's ok though.

Oh no not another one gone!!!! I like Mike too, always good fun!!!! If anyone speaks to him then please give him my regards!

TopDog and Top forum poster sad to see him take his leave... great fun and good knowledge too, I hope he returns soon!

An update to my previous post as promised. I managed to bump into Mike in Tescos of all places over the weekend. He's not the easiest chap to find. Reports of his health are slightly premature and he has asked me not to go to any detail. He has had to make the decision not to shoot any competition for the foreseeable future and he has not renewed his CPSA membership. I couldn't get to the root of his problems as he is an immensely private man so that's all I can say. I've known him over 25 years and he's still a mystery to many.  He did thank those that have posted their kind words here when I told him what has been said. Unfortunately he does not feel he can make a return to the forum.

Glad to hear you've spoken to him and wishing for a happy ending whatever lurks behind the scene. 

Well I'm glad I got to meet him at the Shootclay Cup and wish him the very best.

Can I just reiterate that mikes reasons are nothing to do with the forum or any health issues. 

Ips, (everyone else ignore this)

I tried to message you but it does not work.  Next time you might speak to Mike can you tell him I came third in C Class for the very first time at Hornet on 78/100 rather than in ladies.  I want him to know because he always encouraged me and watched my scores to see how I was doing.  Thank you. x

Well shot Mrs. 

Next time 2nd ?

PS Give him my best please Ian ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back