Atkin Grant and Lang ESP reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

AGL had their first ESP reg shoot of 2015. I met up with Papa and Rosso, plus another mate. 

Lots of work there and new stands / paths since last year. Catering and clubhouse great as ever. I thought the targets were very good. Lots of longer targets now, with a good course balance. I would describe it as 3 tough stands, 1 easy stand and 6 that were a good medium level, each hard to straight. I'm not sure any top guys made it along today, but it would be a 94 HG type course if they did I guess.

Small downsides are that it was 10 stands and fibre cartridges, but nothing to worry about. These shoots are planned year round now and I will definitely be going back a fair bit. Good effort AGL.

To be fair to J, l thought that last year they pushed thier reg shoots on here, and I'd imagine quite a few of us "non locals" would have noticed etc, I was in Bedford mon - thurs and if I'd seen the shoot pushed on here I would / could of have made the work last over the full week and visited / shot. Nice to get round new places etc.

Lilly, the girl who was there last year, now left, used to mention on here.

in fairness, the fixtures list has featured these shoots since Feb? I scan the website list and fill my calendar in ahead. Don't see the problem really? 

Last edited by a moderator:
My comment was not meant as a "moan and groan" more along the lines of that mid week registered shoots wherever they may be need pushing via as many outlets as possible, this forum does have good exposure to quite a few shots that can and do mid week reg comps, quite often at the last minute. As for this ground (and all grounds) all the very best to them, I'm of the opinion that all comp grounds need to be supported by good entry numbers, if comps are not viable they won't continue to happen.

I phoned the ground earlier in the week as I wanted to attend this shoot. And was told that it was Fibre only, I shoot plastic carts so did not attend.

I phoned the ground earlier in the week as I wanted to attend this shoot. And was told that it was Fibre only, I shoot plastic carts so did not attend.
Don't let it bother you Paul. Just buy some decent Fibres and get stuck in. I used three types yesterday, mucking around. A few Hull Sovereign 7s on the long edgey battue, (impressive but over priced), mostly my usual Gamebore Velocity 28g 7.5 (very good all rounder) and some Hull Pro Fibre 24g 8s, which were fantastic. Smooth as melted Cadburys with incredible kills.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can certainly agree with you re: the Hull Pro Fibres Will - I wanted some 24g fibres for shooting at Holland and Holland's ground last week and bought some of these, they are certainly very smooth and very good breaks.  You forget you're shooting fibres and 24 grammers at that.  The man in the shop I bought them from said he thought these are the best clay load fibres you can buy.  I don't shoot fibres very often and the 24g were to give my right arm, after recent surgery, an easier time.

Tim

Back