crow targets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy

I have never been able to shoot crows when they are at the top. Iam OK on close ones but 35 to 40 yard ones I have to shoot on the way up or down. And its so annoying when I see shooter's who look like they have never picked up a gun before, absolutely smoking them at the top.

You are probably too experienced Chippy! Newbies point at them and hit them. You are maybe reading too much in and leading them underneath too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Common fault of bad gun fit and barrel watching .......shot guns don't work well shot like a rifle ?? try a couple of straight at it's covering the non shooting eye ? you may be surprised ??

Common fault of bad gun fit and barrel watching .......shot guns don't work well shot like a rifle ?? try a couple of straight at it's covering the non shooting eye ? you may be surprised ??
That's about the only thing I have not tried. Will give it a go next time.

I watched GD straight a stand which included a slow simple looking Crow and thought he was being too deliberate the way he'd wait for it to stall, seemingly sit it on the top of his barrel and milk it a second before shooting ! 

Surely it doesn't need that much respect I though, blast it just as it peaks seemed to be all it needed. I missed one and chipped the rest, think I'll try his way next time.

they can be a nightmare , ive lost three shoots recently because of the said crow , and clinto is pretty much spot on , i found now dont track it look at it then just shoot a fraction underneath it .

we encountered a long one at west london fitasc last week off the top of the bank , tried this theory and bosh !!!!

they can be a nightmare , ive lost three shoots recently because of the said crow , and clinto is pretty much spot on , i found now dont track it look at it then just shoot a fraction underneath it .

we encountered a long one at west london fitasc last week off the top of the bank , tried this theory and bosh !!!!
​That was a really long crow - still can't believe how much I needed to change my approach for that one. 

Most are missed underneath when shot at the top. 

Lock in and rifle it, you won't be far wrong.

So seriously then...what is a Crow Target?  What does it do?  I almost certainly have shot some, but it sounds like I may have took it for a Teal?

:)

Latest posts

Back