Zee Germans.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

I've got a biggish birthday coming up and I'm toying with the idea of treating myself to something nice. 

Been shooting for 5 years now and spent the first 3 chopping and changing guns thinking it would make a difference (err....wrong) but for the last 2 I've been very happy and settled with my 692 which my scores are reflecting. 

Ive always fancied a Kreighoff but I really don't know a great deal about the brand, model range and prices etc. 

I only shoot ESP and from what I've learned I reckon it's a K80 Supersport I'd need preferably in 32" as I've been shooting 32 for the last few years and like the swing. 

Anyone have any thoughts or advice to share - I know I need to get out a try a few (I have shot a few before and liked them) but I could also do with an idea of where to look, dealers or private and roughly what I should be paying for a good used example?

Thanks all. 

It really depends on your budget because the starter K80's all the way up to say £6k are likely going to be the hefty feel plus heavy barrel combo's. Once you start looking at the much newer versions they seem to weight a bit less and have more of a lively feel to them. Jem's advice is just about the perfect route.

keep the 692, if you,ve had it 2 years and it has,nt broke 

like a lot of others on here its worth a fortune  :rolleyes:

The K80 super sport is an acquired taste, love it or hate it. The Parcours is the more conventional gun, although perhaps not available used for a sensible price yet?

i can confirm that changing guns is the most fantastic experience and your scores will rocket upwards. Oh.. My nose just grew an inch..

Buying a new gun because you have always liked the look of it and the have a good reputation (does that apply to Kreighoff?) and you have a special date coming up why not? If you but the gun not expecting your scores to go up and enjoy shooting the gun ...GREAT! But If your scores do go up... BRILLIANT and the icing on the cake! As long as you don't get down if your scores drop for a while then you have nothing to lose buy and enjoy :)

The problem with shooting and guns is a gun is just a tool in the hands of the user... because shooters buy a shiny new better tool though they expect it to work better than the old one did... but it does not always work that way. Not that this is in anyway aimed at your situation it is just a general observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy yourself a present. Something different from all the rest that all look the same boring design. They just change the model number and off they go buying the latest model, same gun with a new number. Just look at Berretata's or Pastarazzi's, Brownthings 325 425 525 6969 725 black, white, silver same thing for years. You only live once. Buy a forever gun.

Wait till the kids start spending your money on house deposits, repairs, cars, etc, you will wish you brought the K then.

Takes some getting used to but great to use. Most talked about gun on here for not breaking down.

Hi Ian, drop me a line and if you can come over I can arrange demo guns no problem. 

I also have a 30" super sport that I have just had re conditioned with a new stock, re blacked etc which you would be welcome to play with for a morning as well.

let me know!

Hi Ian, drop me a line and if you can come over I can arrange demo guns no problem. 

I also have a 30" super sport that I have just had re conditioned with a new stock, re blacked etc which you would be welcome to play with for a morning as well.

let me know!
The man's a gent ???

Life is too short to shoot a gun as ugly as a K-gun

I used to add  "JMO"  but I've come to the conclusion that it is a cosmic fact

If you fancy an italian that fits perfectly give John Jeffries at HPX shotguns a ring, new or second hand guns avaliable. check out www.perazzihpxshotguns.com

If you fancy an italian that fits perfectly give John Jeffries at HPX shotguns a ring, new or second hand guns avaliable. check out www.perazzihpxshotguns.com
​JohnJ has my other MX12 P gun, a 30.75" std gun as I may have ordered an HPX DSR, golly how do these things happen?

Latest posts

Back