I'm the luckiest girl that ever lucked

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epicentera

My Beretta that I only got a couple months ago has not been working right. It's an old gun (I believe the S55 was last produced late 70's early 80's but don't quote me on that) and the springs were weak. Worse, sometimes the gun plain wouldn't break - it jammed somehow, and needed wiggling to open. Not very good. So we went up to the gun dealer we (nearly) always go to, Tom in Laherdane, and had a look at what he had. He said I'd get the straight money back (€450) so it was really a question on how much I wanted to spend on top, and we'd been thinking €250-€450 depending what was available.

Looked around (he has a lot), and after about 15 min he hands me this Laurona IXO and says "some poor sod knocked this off the rack the other day and put a fine dent in the barrel (it's at the very tip, the chokes still fit flush and perfectly fine) so I'm willing to give you a discount. The tag said €1175 so I thought to myself well at €700 maybe that would be a good deal. €500 says he. €500! I couldn't believe it and no, it wasn't an April Fool's thing! Brand new gun with a hard case, and a full set of chokes. I'm beyond chuffed. Husband had a good look at it and he is satisfied the dent is only cosmetic and will not affect the performance in any way.

I love the weight, the height seems spot on, the stock is possibly a tad long but that can be adjusted.

All in all a lucky, lucky day!

Lovely guns the Laurona, never did understand why they failed to launch proper clay guns at the starter/mid end of the market. 

I had the 'silhouette'  for a couple of years some 25 yrs back, used it for clays and game. Great gun and took 3" mag's

Latest posts

Back