Gunsite 4th 5th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berkshire Breaker

Anyone going to Gunsite on the 4th or 5th?

Been trying to get hold of the club to see if it's entries only or turn up and shoot?

Just sent another email as the phone rings out with no voice mail.

Its the South West Region English Sporting Selection Shoot. Shoot either day, no booking required. Should be good.

Hi All,

Just to clarify,the shoot at Gunsite this Easter weekend is a "turn up and shoot" event. No need to pre book,and not squadded. Entry times 10-1.30 each day.

I am sorry you had trouble getting  hold of me Dean,I have,nt had any voice mails that I have,nt responded to.

The phone just rang out and didn't go to voice mail.

No problem, I spoke to you about an hour ago about it.

I will be with you Saturday.

Shot Gunsite sporting this morning.

What a shoot! Very tough targets but still hittable. 

Was absolutely frozen as the wind was howling down the valley. 

Course setter did a great job as it was breezy but the targets were very consistent and we're not effected by the wind. (That was one excuse gone, by the end I was struggling to find any more excuses to use!)

Ended up on what I would like to call a P*ss poor 59!

I won't even mention the pool shoot :-D 

I will be back

First time at Gunsite today. Really enjoyed it. Great targets. I had a long wait for stand 9 as the battue was playing up. It's only a couple of miles from my folks place and so will be back for sure. I didn't find it too cold. I was in shorts.

Was drizzling and freezing when we got there at 10 yesterday.  But was shooting elsewhere today so had to shoot it yesterday. 

Shot this today my 1st 100 birder for a month or 2, only 2nd time here and as expected a very good shoot indeed,  some steady, some needing a bit of lead, felt I left half a dozen out there that should have been on the card ( a little rusty) finished on 78 which was joint 4th in my class (A) when I left. Well worth the 225 mile round trip to shoot some quality stuff after shooting club stuff through most of the winter. 

Good job Shaun and team, didn't have a no bird all day, I will definitely be back for more 

Latest posts

Back